p 8

6 months later

August's Pov

The last 6 months has been great for the most part . Kaylan and I have gotten closer than i thought we would. We are so different but so much alike its hard to explain. She's still hardheaded meaning she's been missing her therapy sessions by "busying" herself with new inventions. Just like now i was on my way to her house because she's late for a photoshoot for Victoria secret. Karin let me into the house as i made my own down to her lab aka the place she damn near never leaves. I walked in she was fixing one of her cars . I sighed shaking my head.
"What are you still doing hea' ? You're late for your photoshoot." I said checking my business phone for any missed calls. Being her assistant was demanding.
"My fault being that it's MY photoshoot, I figured ill get there when i get there." She said taking out an entire engine. "Technically its Victoria's shoot they jus want you in it." I said tapping my foot getting impatient.
"Ight wassup with you." She asks making eye contact with me . For some reason that calmed my nerves down a bit. I shook my head .
"Nothing now get ya ass up for this photoshoot Boss lady." I say walking out her lab.

It took Kaylan forever to get ready but we was finally on our way to the shoot. "What's on the agenda today.?" she asks. "Pretty much nun Just this shoot and an interview." I say looking at her. Everytime i look at her she just takes my breath away literally . When we arrived Kaylan was quickly escorted to hair and makeup and outfit change while i say around waiting. I hate going to shoot with her they literally take forever for no reason.
Models would often walk past me eyeing me up and down trying to flirt but i wasn't paying it any attention. Im not pressed for pussy especially with models thats been around the block. Shortly after kaylan came out ready for her shots. I observed her while she did her thing. She is so lucky she's my boss or else i would've been gave her the business.

 She is so lucky she's my boss or else i would've been gave her the business

By the time she was done i was flushed in the face having to walk outside for a brief moment

By the time she was done i was flushed in the face having to walk outside for a brief moment. When i got outside a call came through on my regular phone. It was Chris
"What's goin on Brudda whea you at ?" he asks on the other line. "Shit im at this photoshoot with the boss man. Ion kno how much more of dis i can take . Everyday she got me feelin all different. I ain used to this shit." I say rubbing the back of my head . "Man don't tell me you got feelings for ya boss. Thats some old romantic book type shit." Chris laughed. "Im serious man Ion know much more or this i can take." I said sighing. "Just ask her out to dinner man. Me & Keshia goin out tonight yall should come along." He said . "Keshia ? That name sounds familiar, but ight ima hit ya back with the details." I said hanging up.

Kaylan's Pov

I noticed August left the room while i was still doing the shoot but i just shook it off . After i was done i followed him to the car . I really wanted to ask was he alright. I know he's been working for me for about 7 months and I know i can be a pain in the ass.
"August." i said in a low voice. He looked at me letting me know he was listening.
"I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me this far. I know I can be a pain to deal with—-" "Stop it . You're not a pain . Hard headed as fuck but you're not a pain. It's my job to deal with you regardless of how you act." He said cutting me off. That made my ice cold heart melt. I just stayed silent the rest of the car ride to the radio station.
"Me and my homeboy and his girl going to dinner tonight . You should come to take your mind off of shit." He suggested .
"Yes I would love too." i said smiling as he smiled back at me.

The interview just started and it was aggravating me . For some reason charmalange just had to fly down here and make an appearance v103.
"So Kaylan how was you able to get 4 PhDs' , seems almost impossible to even get one." Wanada asks . "Well growing up i was always advance until i hit my middle school years where i took the IQ test and my IQ is a 271." I said. "Wait wait dumb that down for us a bit." Charmalange said. " Any Intelligence score about a 130 is basically a super genius. Im part of the 0.1% that has the mental capacity. The only other people I know for a fact can match me is Tony Stark and Dr. Bruce Banner." i said in smart tone. "Thats amazing. So with that level of intelligence we're basically able to get whatever degree you wanted." Wanada said. I chuckled at her reaction. "Now I know you and Tony Stark name gets brought up in the same conservations due to yall both being Top dawg. How do you feel about that?" Charmalange asks.
"I don't feel a way towards Tony. He's like a big brother to me." I said slowly but surely growing restless. "So his girlfriend is cool with yall bein so close." He asks trying to start a problem. I look back at August who held a mean mug.
"Actually his girlfriend and I are very close. Whenever me or her needs advice or just even need to talk about business she's the one i call." I said. "Has there ever been like a company rivalry between Stark Industries and Harris Industries." He asks again. "Never . We're both 2 different companies trying to make the world a better place. It's no need for competition. We support each other. And on that note im gonna fuck with yall later." I said grabbing my stuff and leaving with August right behind me.

"You handled yourself well . I wouldve cussed that nigga out outchea tryna start drama." He said obviously irritated. "I know right like im gonna talk shit bout my closest friend. Fuck kinda bitch he take me fa." i said letting my accent come out more. August laughed at me.
"I see Boss Lady got some attitude." he said smiling as i smiled back.
"Make sure you were sum fancy tonight and don't even try to pay for everyone. Cause i know you will." August said pointing his finger at me. "Well im sorry i try to be nice." i said with my hands up. "Me and My homeboy gonna be at ya house to pick you up . We all riding together." He says typing on his phone. I just nodded my head as lucky dropped him off at his house then taking me home.