p. 29

Kaylan's Pov

Everyone woke up pretty early the next day except August

Everyone woke up pretty early the next day except August. I tried waking him up for breakfast but he wouldnt bug, so i put his plate in the microwave while we ate . Its been about two hours since then and he still didnt come out the room. I was getting concerned plus it was time to take my meds. When i got up Chris stopped me.

"Yall tryna go to the waterfalls today and picnic ?" He asked.

"Ou that sounds fun. Lemme get Aug up and we can all get ready." I said walking away.

"Ima pack the picnic basket." I heard Keshia say.

"PACK SOME FRUIT PLEASE." i yelled going to the bedroom.

I walked in to see August on the phone looking very irritated and red. I didnt want to distract him so i went into the bathroom and took my medicine. Then stood at the threshold waiting for him to finish.

"Nah yall not getting shit from me. Yall ain do shit for me but put me on my ass. Fuck outta here." He said hanging up .

"Baybeh whats wrong ?" I ask softly.

"Nothing Kaylan. Dont worry about it." He said sitting on the bed with his back facing me.

"You know you can talk to me about anything right." I said placing my hands on his bare shoulders.

It seems my touch set him off.

"LOOK I JUST SAID DONT WORRY ABOUT IT." he yelled.

His sudden outburst scared me causing me to flinch hard . His expression was mean and his nostrils flared but i quickly changed my hurt expression into a neutral one. The same neutral one i wore for years.

"Its family shit . You wouldnt understand so dont worry about it." He facing his back toward me again.

That stung a lot. But he right i dont know .

"Yea you right ion know nun bout family , but im creating one with you so that should count for something." I said grabbing my bathing suit and going to change.

He pretty much remained quiet the whole time i changed. But it didnt bother me my meds eases all anxiety but it doesnt numb my feelings. It was little bit below the belt jab but yea i never had a family. Bullied at foster homes, people only adopting me for the press of having a genius , being beaten . Yea he's right Karin is the only family i ever had. I miss her more everyday . I grabbed my speaker , charger, and my dior tote bag and was about to head back into the living room until he stopped me.