p. 46

August's Pov

After leaving the warehouse i decided to stop by my momma house to see her and maybe get a plate

After leaving the warehouse i decided to stop by my momma house to see her and maybe get a plate. I used my key to get into her house with londyn behind me. This would be her first time to my momma house.

Just when I walk in i get slapped clean across my face.

"Ma WHAT THE FUCK." I yelled holding my face.

"Don't Ma me why the fuck you ain tell me you left your family." She said.

I sighed fuck she knows.

"What family?" Londyn asks.

"Lady not right now." I said.

"Just what i said his family. His fiancée and his twin babies." my momma said.

"Ma I was gonna tell you." I said.

"When ? When you got this lil heffa pregnant?" She said.

Londyn rolled her eyes sharply at my momma.

"Roll em again and watch how they gon be on the floor looking back at you." She threatened.

"You left your fiancée postpartum Anthony. I raised you better than this. That woman ain did nothing to you but loved you." She said crossing her arms.

"Obviously she wasn't doing enough." Londyn said.

"Listen you lil hoe you not gon disrespect my daughter in law in my house. Matter of fact sit ya ass on the porch." She said.

Londyn rolled her eyes and took my keys to go sit in the car.

"Ma—-."

"Dont Ma me boy. I talked to her today and she told me you felt like you was useless. I know you not listening to that Hammer man ." she said.

"Ma it ain just about what he said. Im not good enough for her. If she was to lose everything tomorrow God forbid we would drown. I can't provide for someone of her standards. This the same woman who had to give me a job, took me on trips , bought me stuff. Momma i cant compete with that." I said sitting on the couch.

"Honey, Love isn't a competition. Kaylan has all the power and money in the world , do she not deserve love too ? My daughter in law despite what other billionaires are perceived as she's not like them. I can tell by her spirit that she does everything from the kindness of her heart. Baybeh money doesnt make you happy , you should know that first hand." She says rubbing the back of my head. Something kaylan used to do as well.

"Mama i do miss her and i do still love her. I just dont know." I said sighing.

"I understand. Its just your instincts kicking in. But i will say this Kaylan is strong if yall have to be apart she can take it. But DO NOT neglect your kids . You know how it feels to have you daddy leave out , dont do that to these kids." She said.