p 13

August's Pov

How can you not feel bad for kind of being responsible for someone's attempted suicide ? I didn't think she had it that bad . I shouldve seen the signs. Reckless behavior, the not sleeping or eating. This is eating at my heart man . Seeing her lifeless body in Keshia's arms was enough to have me in tears. Her past destroyed her thats why she didnt talk about it.

Keshia was obviously upset from today's events so she and chris went to bed in her master bedroom. Ariana stayed up with me trying to comfort me . 
"How could someone be so strong." I said sniffling. Ariana just rubbed my back . I know she probably have no clue to whats going on. "August she's gonna be alright." Her soft boice said. "Its not your fault. None of yall some people just have demons on their back and they dont have any way to express them." she said. "I was her assistant. I should've seen the signs. Hell i even witnessed her have a panic attack a few times." i said shaking my head. My head was so fucked up.

The Next Morning everyone stayed silent while Keshia made calls to Kaylan's company. Even tho she quit she knows Kaylan doesn't trust anyone else with the logistics of the company. Thats probably why Karin let Keshia have access. We ate our breakfast in complete silence. Then she finally got off the phone.
"The board of directors is gonna let Kaylan take a leave of absence. But they want to lock her out." Keshia said frustrated.
"Lock her out ?" i questioned. "Yes August they want to lock her out of her own company. The filed an injection against her." She said.
"For what?" I asked. They cant do that can they ?
"Mentally instability...." she said. "Basically if they go through with it . She won't be in control of her own company anymore. They're gonna take advantage of the company. August they want to build weapons of mass destruction but Kaylan is strictly against it." Keshia said sitting down.

This is so fucked up. Basically she gonna get put out her own company due to her mental instability.

"We gonna have to stop them somehow. Can't we ask Tony to help." I suggested. "Im trying to get in contact with him. Feel like he's ignoring us. The leave of absence won't last long I give it 2 weeks max. They been looking for something to go against her . They been pushing for weapons since the company got big." Keshia said being quite.
"Karin contact Jayden Waller." Keshia said .
Not long after a video call was set up .

"Well isnt this a wonderful surprise

"Well isnt this a wonderful surprise. Miss Waters how ya doin' ." The man said.
"Im good but listen we have a problem." Keshia said.
"Im all ears." was all he said . Then Keshia gave a run down of everything that happened thus far. By now ole dude was pissed at whoever. But i wonder who the fuck this nigga is.
"Listen Keshia you know you the homie , but what the fuck is goin on. Im more disappointed than anything, you know Kaylan wouldn't willing put your life in danger . She dont roll like that. Then you quit on her when she needed you." He ranted .
"Aye man ease up ight." was all that Chris said before the man took a deep sigh. "What do you want me to do Keshia ?" He asked. "We need help to stop the injunction." She said.
"Ill only help because you know i love Kaylan. Ill do anything she asked me too as long as she gets help. It breaks my heart hearing the shit she's been going through." He said . We all nodded in agreement. "Im finna be at ya house in a minute." he said before hanging up.

"Keshia who tf is this nigga." Chris said getting defensive. "Chill out he's Kaylan's personal lawyer that's it." Keshia said. "So we gon skip the fact that he loves Kaylan." i addressed. "Okay and he maybeeeeee have feelings for Kaylan." she pinched out. My arms flanned in the air. "Ion know why you yeen doin allat August you with Ari now anyway." she pointed out. "Thats not the point. The nigga gon be more focused of Kaylan than the fuckin problem." I said. "Sounds like you jealous." Keshia mumbled. I scoffed. "Never that." i said . Then there was a knock on the door and Keshia went to open the door.

"Ight I'm here so what the plan." Jayden said coming into the house. "I was hoping you had a plan." She said as they sat on the couch. Me and Chris stood up on the defensive. "Yall niggas good?" he sais looking me up & down. "Focus on the problem. Thats chris my boyfriend and thats August he was Kaylan's assistant." Keshia said introducing us. He just shook his head. "Anywaysssss .... what exactly did the board of directors say." He asked. "They said they're gonna give her a leave of absence, but they will file for an injunction due to her mental instability." Keshia said. "Knowin them the leave of absence gonna be what a week or two." He said . "My point exactly." she said . "I mean i can get the papers written up but i need to speak to kaylan to see if she wants to file for a counter injunction." He said. "You dont need to speak to her just do it." i said. He ignored me but continued to speak to Keshia. "I actually do need to speak with her. It's against the law for me to file for something without her knowledge." he said. Keshia nodded his head. "He's right August." was all she said .

At the hospital

We came face to face with Kaylan hospital room once again. Keshia knocked on the door and slightly opened it. We saw Tony laying at the foot of her bed watching tv while Bruce was in the chair sleep. "Nice of yall to comeback." Tony said never taking his gaze off the tv. "Nice to see you Jayden." Bruce said waking up. "You too . How is she." Jayden asks. "She's stable." was all he said. "Tony i've been calling you." Keshia said . "I know for what." he asks. Their attitude was slowly but surely pissing me off.
"Kaylan's board of directors filed for a injunction against Kaylan." with that said he froze. Finally some damn emotion.
"Whats the case." He asked. "Mental instability." Keshia said. "Me & Jayden will take care of it. The tried to file an injunction on me once for that same reason." He said standing up. "How did you beat it." Ari said speaking up for the first time. "The person who filed the injunction passed away..... sadly." Tony said seeming unbothered by this.

Third Person

With Chris and August being from the hood they caught on to Tony's drift when he said they pasted away. Keshia already knew what really knew what really happened.
"But no fuss , no buss , no coconuts. We just going to have Jayden file the counter injunction and get Kaylan actual help." Tony said. "I tried that already. Once we left New York she was suppose to keep going to thearpy , but everytime she had an excuse." August spoke.
"If she wants to keep her company she'll do it." He said.