I soon fell asleep after putting washing my dinner bowl and changing into sweatpants and an oversized tee-shirt I just took from James's closet. Even though I did absolutely nothing today I was still super tired and passed out right away.

~

I woke up to the sound of knocking on the front door. I groaned as I rolled to my side to look at the time, "One in the bloody morning... who the hell-" *knocking again*

I sighed as I sat up while rubbing my eyes, I opened my door and made my way down the stairs when I heard knocking again.

"I'm coming." I tiredly yelled.

I had my eyes squinted slightly because I just woke up and they still feel like they should be closed.

I opened the door not even caring to look through the eye hole, what were they gonna do? Rob a witch?

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.

"Sirius...?"

"Sorry, I had nowhere else to go, can I come in?" He asked, eyes blood red from crying.

I took a moment to process. "Right yes yes, of course, come on," I said moving out of the way, he walked in and I shut the door and locked it again behind me.

"Is James?"

"He's out of town with my parents, they'll be back tomorrow."

I walked over to the living room.

"wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"no... not really," he said walking over to join me in the living room.

"You run away?"

he nodded his head.

"Are you okay?" I asked walking up to him.

He fiddled with his fingers while biting his lip. "I um... I- no." he let out a breath at that last word before tears started to fall again.

"Oh, Sirius..." I said pulling him into a hug, and because he was much taller than me I reached my hand up behind his head a lowered it to my shoulder, he then hugged me back and held me tightly.

"Your okay, your okay." I whispered. "You can stay here as long as you need, I mean we obviously have to ask dad but I know he'll say yes, you can have the guest bedroom."

"Thank you," he said in a shaky voice.

I took him over to the couch, he laid down, legs curled, with his head in my lap facing the fireplace which I turned on my snapping my fingers, my dad charmed it.

I placed one hand on his shoulder and stroked his hair with my other hand.

"I know your Jamies best friend and not mine, but I am a better listener for when your ready if you want to," I told him

He grabbed my hand that was on his shoulder. "I know." he chuckled softly. "Thank you, again. And you are one of my best friends, also you're like a sister to me"

I then chuckled. "I always considered you like a bonus brother."

~

The next morning, well late afternoon, I woke up to my mom giggling.

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in, one arm resting on his shoulder, my head hanging down.

"Morning?" James said.

I tapped Sirius' shoulder to wake him up.

"Sirius darling it's good to see you." Mom said.

"myeayoutwo." He mumbled as he sat up rubbing his eyes.

"Someone gonna explain?" My dad said.

"Right, well, Sirius had to leave his home because things are rough there for him as you know, and so he came here and I told him he can stay with us as long as he needs," I said as I looked at the camera in my mom's hand. "Did you seriously take a picture of us sleeping?"

She just smiled and winked.

"Of course he can stay." Mom and Dad said at the same time.

"Brilliant," James said as he went to hug his best friend.

The boys then went upstairs and James showed him to the guest bedroom.

I sat at the bar table while my mom cooked eggs and bacon.

"So," my dad lowered his glasses and lowered his head. "You two didn't- you know."

"Ew, dad gross," I said as I threw a napkin at him.

He chuckled "Just making sure."

"I'd never, especially with any of James's friends." that was a lie given Rem and I did have a history, and I may or may not flirt with peter all the time for the fun of it, but never ever anything with Sirius, ever. 'because you're in love with his brother' the voice in the back of my head said.

"Good." dad said.

"Boys! Food!" Mom called out.

The boys raced down the stairs while laughing, Sirius is already much better. I smiled at that.