Chapter Seven

𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠, 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙨𝙮𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 Maryland

𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠, 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙨𝙮𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 Maryland. They were nearby the Chesapeake bay, when they saw a monster on the horizon.

"Let's go test out our cannons," Clarisse decided.

They got closer, until Andy could see the monster closer. It was a rhino-sized hydra, chasing after three heroes. Andy squinted.

"That's Percy, Annabeth, and that Cyclops," she called out. "They're going to get themselves killed."

"Eh," Clarisse muttered. "It'll be fine. Keep going!"

The zombie captain protested. "They're too close, m'lady!"

"Damn the heroes. Full steam ahead."

"Aye, m'lady."

"Fire at will, Captain." Andy instructed.

He did, and the heroes dove to the ground, barely being missed by the cannonball, which hit the monster with a loud BOOM. The hydra exploded, showering goo and golden dust everywhere.

A sailor called out for Clarisse, but Andy patted Clarisse of the shoulder and walked over, taking care of it for her.

"Thanks," Clarisse whispered. She turned back to the other demigods. "Losers," she called out to them, the boat sailing closer. "But I suppose I have to rescue you. Come aboard."

𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙖𝙩, 𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙨 informed that Clarisse and the other demigods (plus the Cyclops) had taken a tour, and were now in the Captain's quarters, enjoying dinner.

"Tantalus expelled you for eternity," Clarisse was saying. "Mr. D said if any of you show your face at camp again, he'll turn you into squirrels and run you over with his SUV."

Andy slipped in the door, standing behind Tyson, Annabeth, and Percy. Clarisse gave her a small nod, but the others didn't notice her.

"Did they give you this ship?" Percy asked, incredulous.

"'Course not. My father did."

"Ares?"

Clarisse sneered. "You think your daddy is the only one with sea power? The spirits on the losing side of every war owe a tribute to Ares. That's their curse for being defeated. I prayed to my father for naval transport and here it is. These guys will do anything I tell them. Won't you, Captain?"

The captain stood behind her looking stiff and very dead. His eyes glowed green. "If it means an end to this infernal war, ma'am, peace at last, we'll do anything. Destroy anyone."