Chapter Three

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚. 𝙐𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙥 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙛-𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 wavered. Andy was walking past the volleyball court when the drizzle started. The players let the ball fall to the ground, and looked up, confused.

It was a golden opportunity.

She walked up to them, leaning on the pole. "It's probably Percy's fault."

They didn't look convinced.

"I mean, he is the only new demigod." She said. "And he's the son of Poseidon. First it was the hellhound, and now this? There's something fishy going on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's planning something."

One of them nodded, probably angry at Percy. They turned to the others, and seemed to have a silent conversation.

She winked, saying, "Think about it," before giving them a smile and walking away.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙮'𝙨 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚. Andy was livid. People saw her expression and quickly got out of the way.

Percy had already left, so she couldn't give him a farewell chat. And Annabeth had gone with him.

She need to hit something with a sword. Clarisse would work. She grabbed her sword from her cabin, and stormed toward the Ares cabin. The big red walls definitely did not help her anger.

She and Clarisse had already finished their daily lesson, but she knew Clarisse wouldn't be too upset about getting the opportunity to beat Andy again.

She walked right up to the door, knocking loudly.

She heard some shouts, some of the Ares kids arguing about who was going to open the door.

The door swung open to show a young boy standing on the other side of the door jam. He was similar in size and shape to Clarisse, but had dark curls in contrast to her light straggly hair.

"Is Clarisse here?"

The boy opened the door wider, granting her access. She walked past him, her eyes quickly finding Clarisse. The bulky Ares girl made eye contact and looked confused, her eyebrows turning downwards. Andy held up her sword and wiggled it.

"Let's go."

Clarisse grabbed her sword and met Andy outside her cabin, ignoring the jeers from her cabinmates. She fell into step beside her. Andy kept her eyes on the horizon, not saying a word.

"What's got you all angry?" Clarisse eventually asked, growing tired of the silence. "You never talk to me outside our scheduled lessons."

"Percy managed to get himself a quest." Andy said.