Chapter Five

𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚, complaining all the way

𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚, complaining all the way. It wasn't about Clarisse having to carry the shorter girl, but mostly about how utterly stupid Andy had been.

(Her insults hadn't gotten much better over the course of their relationship.)

They clomped up the steps, Clarisse setting Andy down in the infirmary not very gently.

The Apollo camper on-duty walked in, nose buried in a notebook. He looked up, and did a double take when he saw Clarisse and Andy staring at him, unimpressed.

"What's up?" He said nonchalantly.

"Andy's injured," Clarisse said gruffly, not giving her the chance to speak. "Because she's an idiot!"

Andy scoffed. "Idiot? Is that the best you can do? I was thinking more like smellfungus, or snollygoster."

Clarisse looked at her, very confused. "What does that even mean?"

"Okay, okay," the Apollo camper interrupted. "What happened?"

"We were fighting the bulls on Half-Blood hill-" Clarisse started.

"With the border patrol," Andy inputted.

Clarisse rolled her eyes. "And Andy, here, got head-butted into Thalia's tree. Something's hurting her."

"It's really not that bad-"

The Apollo camper poked her ribs, causing her to flinch, and swat his hand away. He raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, so, maybe, just maybe, something made a cracking noise in my chest when I hit the trunk, but it's not a big deal."

The medic jotted something down in his notes. He grabbed a small bag of Ambrosia, and tossed it to Andy, who caught it gratefully.

She shoved a square in her mouth, chewing fast and swallowing. She felt a sharp warmth travel to her chest, and her ribs started to tingle, already starting to heal.

The medic gave Clarisse a couple bandages, not wanting to risk putting them on her.

"Great!" She said. "Now that we're all healed-"

She jumped down from her seat, landing heavily. She stumbled a bit, but her ribs didn't hurt as much anymore.

"It's time for dinner!" She finished.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙟𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙩 the pavilion. The light shined a orange-ish light over the marble columns and concrete tables.