Chapter 9

I get dressed into a dress shirt with dark blue pants to match it. Cole met me in the living room, then we he sat down and stared at me.

"Its about time you get out of the bathroom" Cole exclaimed. He then looked up and down my  body and gave a light chuckle.

"What?" I blush.

"Whats up with the clothes, were going to be running you know." he then chuckled again. I just rolled my eyes. He got up and walked my way. For a second I though he was going to hug me or do something romantic but all he did was fix my shirt at the hem. 

Maggie skips into the living room singing the ponies song Cole told me about. My eyes shift to Cole and I find him with his fingers in his ears while pounding his head into the wall. I just burst into a fit of giggles at the thought of Maggi es sleep singing.

"Anyways" Mom clears he throat and continues. "I found a  Gasoline bottle in the refrigerator behind the milk. I almost poured it into my acorn cereal. I shout out of the seat like a rocket and ran into my room. I started to pack knowing we were leaving the second everyone got done. All I could thin ck of is the thought of finally leaving. I busted the door of the room open with my backpack in hand.

"Lets blow this lemonade stand" I shout, everyone cheered. Before leaving I went to say my than ck yous to the old man, yet he was nowhere to be seen. I went and grab ed a box of corn flakes for the road but it was full of crushed up acorns that my mom was talking about. I ditched the box and rounded everyone up at the front door. We all decided to skip breakfast and go ahead and find lunch somewhere. I twist the door know to the front door but it wouldn't budge. I found that the old man had nailed the door shut.

"Really old man" the whole group shouted at once, it was kinda weird actually. I run into the door shoulder first but it caused a sharp pain through my arm. Cole tried it this time with me and it the door flung open. The pain became worst after my fragile arm slamming into the hard mahogany wood door. We all look up from the door on the ground then up were a figure stood. The old man.

"Where y'all thin ck you going" the old man chuckled devilishly. He started swinging around an ax and cackled. Was this the end of me?