Chapter 11

I walk into a room full of desks with Cole at the other side scoping a piece of chalk.

"This is where we will be having school for now" Cole talked with a sly smile. I nodded my head and looked into his green eyes, almost mesmerised for a while. I hear a shriek from the door way, familiar actually.

"OMG, its Keyana" The shriek belongs to Hayley. I look over her direction shocked, even though I already new that Cole had told them about this camp. I opened my arms as Janessa and Hayley run into my arms and we have a group hug in the middle of the lobby.

"Can I join in?" Cole asks behind us. The girls and I giggle a bit. We walk off into a game room where stood three kids about our age. There was a boy and a girl playing ping-pong and a boy reading the dictionary. The kids look over our direction when Cole clears his throat in the doorway .

"Hi I'm Jordan, You guys here to stay?" Jordan holds out his hand to each and everyone of us except Cole. I guess they already met each other. We each said our names one by one with hesitation in our voice. A few minutes later the boy reading the dictionary put the heavy book down with pride.

"I told you I could read the whole dictionary in thirty minutes, Jordan! " He then looks our way with a questioned look surging over his face. "New meat?"

"Yeah this is Hayley, Keyana and ..." He pointed at Janessa, looked like he was trying to remember her name.

"Janessa"

"Right, Janessa. That is Donny. The smart Alec of the group" Jordan gave a smirk to Donny.

" You are just jealous I have a higher IQ than anybody in this room" The scrawny boy held his high making him look paler than when we first walked in. His short hair seemed perfectly combed, honestly he looked like your stereotypical nerd.

" I don't know why everyone is getting so exited about new meat" The girl says walking toward the couch in the middle of the off white room. "I mean we all know that means less room around this place.  The camp is full at is it is already." The girl was beautiful with her features and her words were clear and definitely made her point. I thought for a second about walking out of the room but somehow it seemed like Cole knew what I was thinking and held my arm making sure I wouldn't leave.

"That's Josephine. She is the one that reminds us all how life is cruel at times, and the meaning of cruel is Josephine." Donny laughed in the corner, Josephine gave him an evil glare. Donny immediately ran out of the room. Now Josephine was laughing, then she turned and walked out of the room also.

"let me show you the dinning hall, all of the kids from age thirteen to nineteen go eat dinner at five and finish up at six. Justin usually gets there first and saves us a seat. I'll text him to save three more for you guys, well I mean girls" Jordan pulled out his phone and  his thumbs went flying across the miniature keyboard. I look at Cole, he looks back at me.

"Is the food here good?" I whisper, soft enough for just him to hear.

" Depends" What is that supposed to mean?