Chapter 5

"Hah!" shouts Janessa so loud the whole cafeteria seemed to look at us as if we were neon deer in a plain old forest.

" You are kidding me right, like I am the type of person to believe that the fate of the world is the hands of some stupid calendar created thousands of years ago." Janessa protested. I also don't want to believe Cole but the anxiety in his eyes are making sucking me into the reality of his mind.

"I'm serious Jan, if you don't want to believe me then fine. At least I know who my friends turn out to be in the end" Cole looked at me for a second before pushing the table away from him and marching out of the cafetiere. I gave Janessa the evil look and she shrug gs back. I hop off my seat and run tor ward the direction he left. Cole was at his locker taking out a note book.

" Were you playing some kind of joke? This is really important and should not be joked around with." I demand, I needed to know the truth.

" I promise I am not lying, but I'm glad you came to find out the truth"

"Okay, I believe you" I say with a tad bit of hesitation. I then spot Hayley running tor ward are direction.

"Have any of you seen Brandon? He took my lunch from the kitchen this morning" Hayley pleaded.

"No, but if we see him well make sure to tell him to run away before hes lunch." Cole answers. Hayley gave us a frown and walked away.

"Cole?"

"Yeah, what's up Kay-Kay." I hate that nickname because it sounds like a type of cerial brand.

"Well if you say the world is going to end is there anything we can do to stop it?"

"I'm not sure"

" Well is there somewhere safe?"

"I'm not a scientist Keyana"

" Right, well..."

"Stop it." Cole cuts me off. "Look, I know you are worried about your family's safety and your own safety but I don't want to talk about this anymore." Cole raged with anger.

" Sorry" I answer with a whisper. Cole walked away and that was the last time I had talked to him all day.

                                                         ****************************

School seemed to end in like a million hours later. I waited outside for Hayley to comet through the double doors. Hayley only lives three houses down from mine so I wait for her. Hayley walks through the double doors with a brown paper bag in hand.

" You find your lunch" I ask curiously.

" Yep and it was a good roast beef sandwich to." We both seemed to laugh at the comment.