Chapter 12

When we reach the dinning hall it was packed with teenagers flinging grub from one end of the cafeteria to the other. Hayley squeals when a chicken leg hits her in the cheek. Janessa and I giggle to ourselves trying not to catch Hayley's attention.

"What is going on here?" An older woman walks into the room with a grim face. "Who started this?"  All the kids seemed to throw Josephine under the bus. Josephine stood there paralyzed, no emotion or any motion at all. After a while her eyes move to Donny who is shaking under the table with a face full of green beans and meatloaf.

"Donny actually started this" Josephine spoke up and without taking her eyes of Donny.

"You to come with me, NOW!" The older woman screamed, making an echo on the silent room. "and for the rest of you, I want this place like it was before" The woman nodded her head and walked out with Josephine and Donny right behind her. Kids get out from under the table and off the chairs to grab the rags from the janitors closet.

" There won't be much cleaning involved" Says Jordan " This place was like a giant rat's nest anyways" I follow Cole and Jordan to the the buffet area. I place on my plate a whole-wheat roll, a helping of macaroni and cheese, and a few chicken fingers. everybody grabs there plate and walk over to the cleanest table in the room. I sit next Cole and Janessa, across to Jordan and Hayley. I started to worry about Maggie and how she was coping with the change and the whole voyage here. Jordan waves over to someone at the doorway.

"Nathan over here, I made sure to save you a seat" I look over my shoulder to see who Nathan was. Nathan is a tall, handsome boy with pure golden-blond hair. He walked gracefully, his features were strong yet comforting.

"Hi I'm Nathan, you guys new, right?" He takes a seat next to Jordan and looks over at me.

"Yeah, Cole brought us here" I answer back. Janessa stares at him, like if there were nothing else in the world.

"Cool, hey did you guys hear that they are going to changed the rooming papers. They are going to have teen girls with teen girls and teen boys with teen boys rooming together. Not by families anymore. They are going to put up the papers on the dorms so we know who rooms with who."

" Maybe Janessa, Hayley, and I get to room together" I say with joy

"They place five people in each room" Jordan speaks up.

Once we finish our lunch we walk toward the direction of the dorms. Cole, Donney, Nathan, Jordan, and some guy named Tanner roomed together. Cole seemed to be ecstatic about it. I look for my name on the papers door after door. Once I find my name, it seemed like I was right about how Janessa, Hayley and I rooming together, but there are two more people and for a second I thought I was going to pull my hair out. I was roomed with Josephine and Trish of all people