Chapter 2

We both walked over to Cole trying not to stand out too much in front of the football team or the cheer leading team.

"Hey" Hayley walks up to me with a cheer full smile. She is a really pretty girl with almond brown eyes and light brown hair.

" Whats up?" I ask even though all my attention is focused on staring at Cole.

" Do you like him?" Janessa asked while wiping her hand in front of my face.

" No um....."

" I was wondering the same thing" Hayley int erupted.

" No I was just wondering when douse red and pink match" I cover up

"Sure you were" they both say in between perplex ion. I sat next to Cole and across from Hayley and Janessa. My small group of friends are a unique bunch. Hayley and Cole are both athletic and have similar features, I would not be surprised if they were brother and sister. Janessa is a huge day dreamer, even bigger than I am during a test.

" Hey, I love your top" shouts Hayley our of nowhere.

"I know, it matches your eyes perfectly" adds Janessa. I was wearing a cute red top with dark blue jeans with matching silver and diamond encrusted ea rings that can be seen from almost a mile away. This is the thing about fashion, even though you don't want to be noticed your clothes make you stand out like a pearl in an oyster bed.

"Me?" I ask while looking all around me for anyone else they might be talking to.

" Yes, who else would we be talking to?" Janessa asks "Were you thinking Cole?" she adds.

" Hurt full, you know how long it took me to choose this outfit?" Cole says with a plastered puppy dog face and pouty eyes. I have to admit that it looked semi adorable.

"Kay you guys, I have to go to fourth period" I announce

"So do I" Cole responds. I got up and walked tor wards my locker in the dim hallway. I entered the combination twenty right, seven left, and three right. I opened just with a pull of the latch. I took out my English books and when I went to close the metallic locker door Daniel was waiting right on the other side.

"Hey you want to get pizza after school" he asked me with a wink. Daniel is one of the biggest players in my school and not to mention a huge jerk.

"No, I have plans" I stalk off into the hallway as fast as I could but apparently not fast enough.

"You cant say no to me" Daniel scoffed. The poor thing was never told no I am guessing.

"Well, I just did" I head into my classroom and take my assigned seat.It seemed like the day flew by today because before I knew it the school day was over. I walked home by myself because Hayley was at a checkup. I had a nice peace full walk till I got home and Maggie, my little sister, squirted syrup in my hair. I groaned loudly and before the syrup could dry in my hair I went to wash it off in the upstairs bathroom