Chapter 10

The old man stood there before us swinging around his ax like a baton in front of us.

"You ain't going anywhere, you are my family now" The old mans eyes started to twitch in an odd way.

"We need to go, we have somewhere to be" I replied with a bit of stutter.

"NO!" The old man shouted at us. Cole ran and tackled the old man to the ground. The old man started swinging around his ax trying to hit Cole. Cole just kept punching at the wrinkled face and blood started to trickle down the old man's nose. I kicked the old man's gut, and he let go of the ax. I immediately grabbed the weapon and chucked it somewhere far away from the old man's reach.

"Get off me you whip er snapper" The old man shouted at Cole.

"No" Cole got up and kicked the old mans cranium until he was unconscious. Cole then looked at me wide eyed and automatically all of us started running the direction of the car.

"Remind me never to stop at a stranger's house" Mom shouted. I nodded my head.

We finally made it to the car, two miles of running. Cole got into the front seat, Mom poured the gasoline bottle into the gas tank. Me and Maggie piled into the back seat.

"Maggie where is Ca boodles?" I ask with worry.

"Oh no! I left him at the house while Cole and grumpy old man where fighting" Maggie started to weep. The car started and Mom jumped into the passenger's side.

"Cole ride up to the house we were just at and stop for a moment" I demand

"Are you crazy?" Cole shouted

"Just drive" I was running out of patience. Cole drove up in front of the house, I jumped out of the car quickly and I saw Ca boodles at the front door. I ran up the walk way, till something grabbed my foot.

"Take me with you or you will die" The old man pleaded

"For the last time no!" I shouted once more. I then kicked him hard in the head once more and ran for Ca boodles. The fat cat jumped in my arms and I ran back to the car cautious of the old man. I slid into the car and Ca boodles jumped into Maggie's arms.

A few hours later we reach a small town called Lakewood, or so the sign said when we entered the town. Mom pulled up to a subway on a street called "Moose wood".

"What do you want on your subs" My mom looked  over the back seat to look at me and Maggie

"I'll take a black forest ham, white American, lettuce, and mustard sub" I state counting my fingers making sure I didn't forget anything then nodded with a smile.

"I will have a meatball marinara sub" Cole says liking his mouth. I role my eyes at the thought of Cole eating such a messysub.

"I want a ... Donut!" Maggie shrieked with hope

"No, a sandwich Maggie" Mom gave her a stern look.

"Fine, I wan a ham and cheese sandwich." Maggie shrugged in her seat. Mom opened the door to the car, fixed her blouse, then opened the door to the restaurant. Everyone waited in the car silently.

A few minuts later mom came out with two bags full of subs and got into the car.

"Okay here's Cole's, Magie's, Keyana, and mine" She passed the sandwiches out to everyone. Everyone took the sandwich out of the rapping and munched into the soft bread that has been lightly toasted.  We ate our sandwich on our way to the EOTWC without a single complain. Maggie kept ripping off peaces of her sandwich and feeding it too Ca boodles.

We finally arrive at EOTWC and it looks like the prison you would see on the show Alcatraz. The walls were high and finished with barbed wire at the very top. There was a big gate at the front guarded with up to twenty men I could count armed with firearms. I shiver went through me, I was scared to be Isolated from the world.

"Cole Everwherth, 3057839621" Cole shouted at a young guard, maybe in his twenty's. The gate was opened an we drove the car into the drive way of the camp. The walls were bear and lifeless, The color looked like the color of a person's skin tone. We parked the car at the front, and unloaded the trunk of our belongings.

"Here Keyana, let me help you with your bags" Cole grabbed my suit case from my hands and gave a smile that showed off his small dimples. I was left carrying my backpack full of some of my dad's memories and some electronics. Me and Cole walked into the camp leaving Maggie and my Mom to grab their two lug gages each from the trunk.

"Wow" I dazed at the busy room full of people wearing blue collard shirts with a logo of the EOTWC on it with navy pants. Some wore plain white T-shirts. The logo consisted of the earth embroidered in gold thread with flames coming out of it. Cole took me to a bare hallway and led me up to a small room.

"Here you go, room 25A" Cole set my luggage on the bed, "You are going to have to share this room with your family" I nodded because I did expect it.

"Lets go mingle" Cole chuckled. Before we walked off I stared at the empty room and smiled. I was going to have to make this my home now, whether I liked it or not.

This chapter is going to be dedicated to davidwoods for being a fan of my books.  Thanck you David. Now for my fans, I hope you keep reading, commenting, and fanning my books and you might just get a dedication in any one of my books you comment in.