Virgo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CIERRA TAYLOR, THE VIRGO PNEUMA POV:

They say that when you die, your whole life plays out before you. All I saw was his face. Simon's face. Maybe because he was my life? But then again I was only eighteen now, my life had barely started. It was too early to say that someone else was it's entire objective. The logical reasoning would've been that I had just not gotten over him. After all, it had just been 6 months since Simon died. 

I was hanging over the ledge. My hand held the edge of the cliff tightly, though I knew that one shove from Ryan and I'd be falling to my death. Behind him, I could hear our two armies battling furiously. Who was winning? I wanted to know that desperately.

Ryan stood above me with a crazy grin plastered on his face. 

"I finally did it. I finally, finally stopped the 'great' and 'unstoppable' Cierra! Ha ha! I always knew I was the best! Well, now it's been proven!" he said grandly.

I was in disbelief. I didn't believe it at first----I couldn't believe at first and didn't believe it now either that the reason behind Ryan destroying a whole country and killing innocent people was.....jealousy.

"Ryan," I whispered, "d-don't be stupid, you are-you are doing all this....to get back at me? Just because of a little school rivalry?" My breathing was getting ragged and my arm was on fire from holding on too long. It was going to give way and I would fall.

He glared at me with a manic glint in his eye, "It was not a little school rivalry. What you did has wounded me for life!" he spat.

"It's time to say goodbye Cierra," he said slowly and raised his blade to cut my hand.

Anger and revenge was coursing through my veins. What did this little dipshit think he was? I. Will. Not. Die. This. Way.

As fast as lightening I grabbed his foot and dragged him down with me. The last thing I heard was him screaming pitifully. And then my head hit the jagged rocks below me and I saw red. All red. 

Suddenly there was a bright flash of light and a woman with dull, shaggy blond hair and brown eyes stepped out of it. Of all the things that I had faced today, this was the most surprising. Why had my mom Eridanus come here?

"Cierra Anne Taylor, you've been chosen. Come with me," she said and I immediately passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

MATTHEW "MATT" CHANNING, THE VIRGO ADVISER POV:

Will held the Abian while I hurriedly carved the mark on its shoulder blades while Petra expertly handled her Abian. 

We were strolling around the grounds when we got attacked by 6 Abians from all four sides. We had taken down three of them and three remained. In some minutes I killed another one. Now there were only 2 left. It'd be easy for us. We'd take them down in no time.

Just when I thought that victory was in the bag for us, one of the Abians bit Will's leg off.

What the.....? How....? 

I couldn't form a coherent thought after that happened in front of me. Will wailed loudly and Petra stood hurried to him to help him. 

What they didn't notice (but I did) was both the Abians advancing towards them.

I ran to help them and knocked into both the Abians before they could reach Petra and Will. I had to help keep both these Abians off them.

"Go!" I told them as I fought hard against the Abians.

"We can't just leave you!" Petra screamed as she helped Will up.

They weren't going to listen to me like this. The only option was that I had to use my teleporting powers. I knew I would be terribly exhausted after that and it would take a miracle for me to kill the Abians afterwards, they came first.

I concentrated hard and after some seconds, I felt a tingling down my spine. I felt the energies coming off in waves from me and----one of the Abians attacked me.

I shoved it off and turned around to see that Will was gone, only Petra was left.

Damnit! These Abians interrupted my concentration. 

Okay, okay. It would be fine, Petra and I, we made a fine team.

And sure enough, we killed one of them in minutes. The second one proved a bit trickier. I tried tackling it, but that didn't work. Then I tried to slam it against the nearest tree so that Petra could carve the main mark, but that didn't work either. We kept attacking each other until it snapped my neck.

For a moment I froze up. I couldn't believe it. Then, as I fell to the ground, the pain caught up and I screamed louder than I ever did before. 

Petra and the Abian engaged in a terrible fight and when she finally finished it off, she rushed to my side and brought me to her arms. Her whole face was ghostly-pale and she was trembling she tried to hugged me tight and shook me, demanding me to respond. I tried to, but I couldn't. Why couldn't I? Was I that seriously injured? Or was I dead? 

No, no I couldn't be dead. If I was, then I wouldn't've been able to see and hear and feel anything. That's how death worked right? 

Petra started screaming pitifully and I tried so hard to just touch her cheek once, to comfort her, but nothing happened. My body was still and....I wasn't breathing.

Just then, there was a flash of bright light in front of me and a tall, lean man in a black and white suit stepped out of it. I recognized him alright. It was my father Canis. Was he here to help me? A bubble of hope formed in my chest as I thought this. 

He walked towards me and I expected Petra to rise up in respect or freeze up in shock, but she didn't seem to notice him.

Wait.....he wasn't here to, like, take me to what came after life or something was he? Because I wasn't dead! I couldn't be!

"Matthew Channing, you've been chosen. Come with me," he said.

Come with him? Where? Was he blind? Couldn't he see that I couldn't move? 

But before I could do or say anything, I felt this blackness come upon me and I fainted.

A/N: So in the past few days I had some internet issues so I couldn't post, but now the issues have been fixed. Also this might seem short, but there is a meaning hidden in this chapter. Well, there is a meaning behind every chapter because all of them are connected and contain some important stuff for the story. Also, my Virgo best friend says hi to all the other Virgos reading.

Vote

Comment

and Follow 

Bye :)