Chapter 26

Gemma's P.O.V
"Walkers!" I scream.

I pull my gun out of my belt and shoot one in the head, it's body crumpling on the ground. Soon the sound of gunshots fill the air and the adrenaline begins to pump through my body. I hear the sound of Rick yelling but I ignore it and focus on the oncoming herd of walkers.

I notice Hershel and Beth make a move towards the gated entry way. I rush towards them and take down walkers near them when one begins to reach for Hershel.

"Hershel!" I scream at the same time as Beth.

He turns and pushes it away with his crutches, "Beth, lock the door!" I command as I turn to help the others.

I see one rush towards Lori and I charge at it, knocking to the floor. I stab it quickly in the head with my knife and look up to see her staring at me in shock.

"Get in there now!" I yell, pushing her towards Carl and Maggie.

I turn and see T-Dog make a run for the open gate and halt in my tracks. "Gemma!" Lori cries.

"Go! I'm going to help T-Dog and Carol!" I state before running towards them.

Six or seven walkers block my path towards them and I turn and make a run for it. I dash past the cars, hearing the walkers following me. I see a door up ahead and I rush towards it, throwing it open. I get inside and shut the door, feeling the walkers push against it. I look around panicked and see a hook for tying the door shut. I pull off my belt and tie the door handle to the hook and begin to look for a way out.

That's when the sound of the blaring alarm rings through the empty corridors. I cover my ears and rush through the corridors hoping to find a way out of this maze. As I get further into the prison, the alarms get louder. The lights overhead are flashing and making things difficult to see.

I see a door up ahead and a sense of hope washes over me as I rush towards it. I throw open the door and close it, the alarm becoming softer as it echoes through the prison. I have one round left in the chamber and I look around for any signs of walkers. I turn the corner and someone jumps out at me, tackling me to the ground. My gun flies out of my hand across the room as he snatches the knife out of my other hand.

He holds the knife to my throat as he speaks, "Get up."

I get up slowly and think about what options I have to get out of this situation. I look over him and notice he is a darker man wearing a prison jumpsuit.

"You're one of the prisoners, aren't you?" I ask.

"Shut up bitch and turn around." He says.

I turn slowly, holding my hands up in surrender, "Alright."

The door bursts open and he pulls me against him, using one hand to cover my mouth and the other to hold the knife to my neck. He pulls us into the shadows as I hear Rick's instructions to whoever's with him.

"How do you switch these things off?!" He yells.

Oscar appears in view as he explains to Rick what to do. I hear the sound of someone's grunts from behind one of the generators towards the door I entered.

"Put the guns down or I will slit her throat!" The man yells from behind me.

Rick turns and looks confused as we step out of the shadows. His eyes go wide as he looks at me and the position I'm in.

"Let her go!" He commands.

"Put the guns down!" He yells, holding the blade harder against my throat.

"Rick just do it." I say.

"Shut up bitch!" He yells, punching me in the stomach.

I keel over as Rick rushes forward and the man pulls me back into place, "I will kill her!"