Chapter 73

Gemma's P.O.V
I step out of the steamy shower and grab my towel off the hook. I quickly dry myself off before wrapping the other one around my hair. I step out of the bathroom into my bedroom and walk over to the chest of drawers, grabbing out a pair of jeans and a sweater. I set them on top of the chest of draws before bulling out a bra and underwear, dropping the towel to the floor.

The door opens and I gasp, covering myself up. Daryl looks at me with his eyebrow raised, "What?"

I roll my eyes at him and continue dressing, "You could knock next time, you could have been anyone."

He shuts the door behind him and walks over, putting his crossbow down by the doors, "Why would I knock to come into my own room?" He asks.

I grab the sweater and pull it over my head, "Because, I don't want people seeing me naked."

He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist, placing a kiss on my neck, "Me neither."

I smile and grip his wrists, his hands firmly placed against my stomach. We stand like that for awhile, stuck in our moment of peace. I open my eyes and look over at the clock and I sigh.

"You better go shower if we're gonna make it on time." I say, untangling myself.

He walks off towards the bathroom while I unwrap my hair and quickly brush it. I pull in a pair of socks and shoes as well as my jacket, knowing it's cold outside. I exit the room and walk down the stairs to the foyer, seeing Carl, Judith, Carol and Michonne there.

"Where's Daryl?" Michonne asks.

"Showering, Rick?" I ask, seeing he isn't there.

"Finishing getting ready. If he's late, it's not going to look to good." Carol says, frowning at the staircase.

"Well it's a good thing I'm ready." Rick says, walking down the stairs.

He's dressed in a button up shirt with a jacket, jeans and his boots on. His hair is wet and slicked back, the bandages finally off.

"You look handsome." Michonne says.

"He sure does." Carol smiles.

"She wants you Dad." Carl says, passing Judith over to him.

Rick looks at me and I smile, "What do you think?" He asks.

"I think you look like a leader." I say.

He smiles and Daryl comes down the stairs, "We ready to go?"

We all nod and make our way towards the door, stepping out into the chilly air. We walk down the steps and the others come out of their house, joining up with us. Tara looks at me and I walk over to her, giving her a hug.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" I ask and she chuckles.

"Tell you what, I'm so glad to be out of that bed. Thank you." She smiles.

"Don't worry, you're family." I smile and she smiles back.

We all walk towards Spencer's house, a sense of expectation filling the air. I bite my lip in nervous anticipation, wondering how this meeting will go. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down and I feel a warm hand grasp my own. I squeeze it back tightly and lean my head against Daryl's shoulder and he places a kiss in my hair.

We walk up the steps of Spencer's home and let ourselves in, seeing that most people are here already. Everyone looks at the door as we walk in, silence filling the room. I look at Rick as he surveys the room before we walk over and take our seats. Rick and Jessie exchange a brief smile before he takes a seat at the front. Everyone begins to whisper as he takes his seat and I roll my eyes at them. Carol, Michonne and Maggie take a seat by him at the front while the rest of us either stand or sit at the back.