Chapter 14

Gemma's P.O.V
The next thing I know it's morning and I've had a nightmare free sleep. I open my eyes and nearly scream, but I stop myself. Right in front of my face is a sleeping Daryl, his forehead pressed against my own. How the hell did I end up like this? Then it comes to mind, it was the middle of the night and I was cold. We joined sleeping bags for warmth, he held me all night. This thought gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in the chest and I give a small smile.

Some of his hair has fallen across his forehead, giving his hair disheveled look. I reach up and slowly move the hair out of his face. He squirms under my touch and opens his eyes and I mentally curse myself for being so stupid.

"What're you doing?" He asks.

"You had something on your face." I say, thinking up a quick lie.

"Whatever. " He says, closing his eyes.

I begin to unzip the bag when he speaks, "What're you doing?"

"I'm getting up." I say.

"It's too early. Go back to sleep." He says, eyes still closed.

"Daryl it's like mid morning. We've already slept in." I say, continuing to undo the bag.

I go to move but he doesn't let go of me, "Let me go."

"Not until you tell me why you're acting so weird." He says, finally opening his eyes.

"What do you mean? I'm not acting weird." I say, panicking.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asks, leaning his head on his hand.

"No, you've don't nothing." I say.

"You would tell me if something's wrong won't you?" He asks.

"Of course." I lie.

He looks at me for a moment, his eyes searching. My face for so,etching. When he sees nothing he let's me go, "Alright."

I quickly get out of the sleeping bag and walk over to my boots, pulling them on hastily. I quickly step out of the tent and pull the sleeves of the jacket down to cover my hands. I can smell someone cooking by the fire and my stomach grumbles loudly.

I walk over to the group, noticing that it's extremely quiet this morning. I walk over to Carol, who smiles and hands me a plate. I try my best to hide my jealousy and accept the plate with a smile, taking a seat by T-Dog. Daryl emerges from the tent and walks over to Carol, who gives him a rather large smile as she passes him his food. He takes a seat in one of the deck chairs and begins to eat his meal. I start to eat my meal, trying my best not to look at Daryl.

"Uh, guys." Glenn says, standing by one of the tents.

I look up and see he is nervous as he addresses the group.

"So... The barns full of walkers."

I freeze and drop my fork, the sound of it clattering to the ground fills the silent air. Everyone's facial expressions match mine, pure shock.

"What?" Lori asks.

"The barn... It's full of walkers." He repeats.

"Oh my God." Andrea breathes.

Rick and Shane stand up, walking towards the direction of the barn. Everyone drops their plates and follows the direction they are walking. Rick walks up to the barn doors and peers through the gap, his body language turning rigid.

"Shit." He curses, turning away angrily.

Shane steps in behind him and looks through the gap too, the sound of walkers becoming clearly heard.