Chapter 60

Gemma's P.O.V
I stare longingly at the haul of food on the table before me, my mouth watering wildly. There are cans of s'getti rings, vegetables, peaches, pineapple juice. I long to open them and eat them till I'm blue in the face but I control myself. Rick holds a can and inspects and catches me looking at the food. He stands up and turns to Aaron, "This, this is ours now."

"There's more than enough." Aaron's nods.

"It's ours, whether or not we go with you." Rick says.

"Well, what do you mean? Why wouldn't we go?" Carl asks bewildered.

Michonne looks around at all of us, "If he were lying or if he wanted to hurt us, but he isn't. And he doesn't. We need this. So we're going, all of us. Somebody say something if they feel differently."

"I don't know man, this barn smells like horse shit." Daryl says.

"Yeah, we're going. So where are we going, to your camp?" Rick asks, turning to Aaron.

"Well every time I've done this, I've been behind the wheel driving recruits back. I believe you're good people, I'd bet my life on it. It's just I'm not ready to get my friends lives just yet." He argues.

"You're not driving. So if you want to get home, you'll have to tell us now." Michonne says as Rick grabs a map from one of our bags. He kneels down and spreads the map out on the floor.

"Go north up route sixteen." Aaron says.

"And then?" Michonne prods.

"I'll tell you when we get there." He says.

"We'll take twenty three north, you'll give us directions from there." Rick states.

"Thats... I don't know how else to say it. That's a bad idea. We have cleared sixteen, it'll be faster." Aaron argues.

"We'll take twenty three. We leave at sundown." Rick counters.

"We're doing this at night?" Sasha asks.

"I know it's dangerous, but it's better then riding up the gates during the day. If it isn't safe, we need to get gone before they notice we're here." Rick explains.

"No one is going to hurt you. You're trying to protect your group but you're putting them in danger!" Aaron cries.

"Tell me where your camp is, we'll leave right now." Rick baits.

Aaron looks at him a moment before shaking his head. Rick huffs and stands up to face us, "It's gonna be a long night, eat. Get some rest if you can." He says before walking out of the barn, with Michonne close behind.

Everyone walks over to the food and grabs something to eat. I look at Aaron as he looks down at the ground, his face screwed up in concentration. I walk over to the food and grab a can and two spoons. I turn and walk over towards Aaron, he looks up at me.

"I thought you might be hungry." I say, gesturing to the can.

"I'm fine, it's yours." He says, shaking his head.

I sigh and take a seat a little bit away from him, leaning against a poll, "Don't need to act all noble, if you're hungry, eat." I say, opening the can.

The smell wafts into my nose and I drool slightly at the smell of the spaghetti sauce. I dip my spoon in and quickly take a mouthful, my stomach growling in anticipation. I close my eyes and take it in, resisting the urge to moan. I open my eyes and see him looking at me, "What?" I ask.

"How far along are you?" He asks.

I run my tongue along my teeth, "Around three months." I say, taking another bite.