1

FUJIHARA AERA

I woke up with a puppy licking my fingers. I opened my eyes and looked at the adorable Akita staring back at me. Riku, my Akita, barks and my alarm follows. I immediately turned off the alarm and focus my attention on the puppy obviously giving me puppy-dog eyes. Licking my fingers, he's obviously hungry.

"Good morning, Riku." I greeted him, patted his head, and kissed his forehead. I got out of bed and started to arrange it. After that, I went to the kitchen and made breakfast for Riku and I. I played with him for a little while. Throwing his red tennis ball and him chasing it. 

While he's busy playing, I decided to make gaeran tost-u or commonly known as Korean breakfast sandwich. I wanted to have bread in the morning since I'm living alone in my condominium here in South Korea. 

Anyways, what I crave is what I eat.

But not always, though.

Sad.

After setting up my breakfast, I decided to make the little one's breakfast. I placed dog food and water on his dual bowl and set it down the floor. He immediately ran and hungrily ate his food. I swore I gave him enough food last night.

After finishing my food and he's also done with his, I placed it on the sink and started cleaning. I don't like seeing dirty plates when I go home from school. After cleaning the utensils, I went to my bedroom and started picking out my outfit. I picked out my underwear, light-washed mom jeans, a beige V-neck long-sleeved knit cardigan, and pure white Adidas Superstar shoes. Riku was currently wrestling with his chew toy on his dog bed.

"Riku..." I called out to him, his ears perked up and his attention went to me. He's so cute!!! I went near him and started petting him. He always loves being petted.

After the mini petting session, I went to take a bath. After showering and brushing my teeth, I quickly changed and simply combed my hair and added a cute white pin. I added a tinted lip balm on my lips and also did skincare on my skin. 

Riku whimpers as he knows that I'm about to leave. The poor baby. I wanted to bring him with me to the campus but it's against the rules.

"I'll be back, Riku." I said to him in Japanese. He still whimpers and scratched my jeans, but it stays unaffected. I grab my beige tote bag with my laptop, wallet, girl stuff, notebook, pen, and I.D. inside. I put up the barrier of the playpen to separate the living room and the kitchen area. 

He will be staying in the living room, I moved his dog bed there earlier. I made sure to turn off the necessary appliances and lock my bedroom. I replaced my slippers with white shoes. After tying my shoes, I bid goodbye to my baby brother. I trained him not to chew on stuff like furniture and where to poo and pee. He's such a smart dog.

"Goodbye, Riku. I'll be back." I said to him, scratching his head. He whimpers and I waved him goodbye to which the whimpering stopped. I went out of my condo unit, went down the elevator, and started walking to the train station. My school is a little far from my condo, which is why I take the train.

It's still early in the morning. The early morning breeze was cool and I enjoyed it. I went inside the train and just enjoyed the moments I have for myself before I braced for schoolwork. Upon arriving in my destination, I went out off the train and walked to the school. It is a short walking distance from the train station.

Lo and behold.

Seoul National University.