Chapter 38

"Are you ready?" Baekhyun's question filled the air as he entered the waiting room, dressed impeccably in a midnight green tuxedo. His appearance exuded confidence and handsomeness, capturing everyone's attention, especially Taeyeon's.

As he walked in, the staff and management tactfully exited, leaving the couple alone to share a private moment. It had been a month since the distressing incident that had shaken their world, and Taeyeon had only been out of the hospital for a week after a three-week stay.

While Taeyeon focused on her reflection in the mirror, Baekhyun's gaze remained on her, causing her to feel his intense presence behind her.

"Please, don't stare at me like that," she chided gently, her gaze fixed on her own reflection as she adjusted her hair.

A soft chuckle escaped Baekhyun's lips, his arms encircling her waist as he pulled her into an affectionate embrace. A mixture of familiarity and anticipation coursed through her. She sighed quietly, aware of the teasing that was bound to follow.

"I can't resist," he whispered in her ear, his breath sending delightful shivers down her spine. "You look so beautiful..." She closed her eyes briefly, her heart racing from his proximity.

"Baekhyun, you're tangling my dress," she pointed out, maintaining her focus on her reflection even as his arms held her close.

He didn't seem willing to comply. "No," he playfully retorted, clearly enjoying their lighthearted banter.

In response, she issued a warning, "If you don't let go, I'll start counting."

His pout against the nape of her neck was both endearing and mischievous, his lips brushing her skin as he replied, "I'm not scared of your threats anymore."

Their playful exchange continued, yet she decided to steer the conversation to more serious matters. "Do you want our potential breakup to be splashed across headlines?"

He considered her words, but his playful demeanor persisted. "Don't underestimate my wit, babe. Our relationship hasn't been officially announced yet."

While his argument was logical, she still had her reservations. "Are you suggesting we break up, then? So that no announcement will occur." she retorted, expecting a playful response.

His reaction caught her off guard, his playful facade momentarily crumbling as he pouted in a vulnerable manner. "You're being mean," he mumbled, releasing her from his embrace and revealing a softer side beneath his playful exterior.

"And you're quite the child," she playfully retorted, rolling her eyes at his antics. She secretly appreciated how he managed to alleviate her growing nervousness.

"We're due to step out soon," he assured her, sensing her unease. Her breath caught in her throat, a telltale sign of her anxiety. He took both her hands gently, turning her face toward him. His eyes conveyed encouragement, his smile radiating reassurance.

"Don't be afraid. I'm here with you, alright?" His words were calming, his touch tender as he cupped her cheek. "Our task is simple—just speak the truth. You don't need to say much; I'll manage the situation and set things right."

"But what about our fans? Won't they be disappointed?" She voiced her concerns, aware that some of their supporters might not be thrilled about their relationship.

He responded with conviction. "True fans will stand by us. You needn't worry too much."

"Yeah, but..." She hesitated, her doubts lingering.

He interrupted her thoughts with a sudden kiss, his lips meeting hers in a reassuring embrace. She took a moment to regain her composure before her lips fell in sync with his, the initial surprise yielding to a shared moment of closeness.