Chapter 1

In various places across the world, the demigods were sleeping. Zeus looked down upon them from Olympus, waiting for an opportunity to send them to the world of the Seven Kingdoms.

In the world of the Seven Kingdoms, things were doing all right. Rapunzel and friends had rescued Varian and brought him home safely, and now everyone involved in the rescue, including Varian himself, was sleeping.

Everything was fine; everything, that is, except things over at Cassandra's tower.

Cassandra pulled herself over the rim of her tower, into her destroyed room, grunting from the exertion. She pushed herself up to standing. The moonstone on her chest buzzed, little electric blue bolts of electricity fizzling around it. What was going on? She raised her blue-gloved hand to her chest. Behind her came a loud thundering noise. She turned. What looked like a glowing crack in the world had formed. As Cass watched, it grew bigger, sending out rays of purple light. A flash of purple light filled her whole vision, and she shielded her eyes.

Zeus cursed in Ancient Greek. This was a bad place. But he might never get another opportunity to send them in like this. With a snap of his fingers, he made sure that they were no longer in pajamas, but in clothes. That would just be embarrassing, having heroes in pajamas save a world for him. Then, muttering to himself angrily, he sent them away. The chosen demigods vanished from Earth, heading to the world of the Seven Kingdoms.

When the light subsided, and Cass lowered her arm from her face, a glowing purple portal swirled off the ground. From inside, a pair of purple-gray shoes, followed by a skirt, touched down. Cass looked up and saw the face of her friend, no longer blue or transparent. Her eyes were closed. She sighed. "Finally, the clash of Sun and Moon has released me from my prison." Her eyes opened on "clash". They were purple. She casually lifted one gray-gloved hand and examined it, twisting it this way and that. "It's good to be back."

Zhan Tiri sneered, not noticing that the portal was still open behind her.

Of course, that was the cue for a group of people to fall out of it, knocking her flat.