Chapter 9: I suggest you save your energy, princess.

Start from the beginning

"I am fine. Thank you." He said shyly wiping the dust of his clothes while adjusting his glasses which slipped occasionally from his nose, using his pointer finger. He and I picked up his books. He appeared to me as a nerd but a cute one and looked innocent. He was wearing black suspenders over a navy blue shirt paired with white pants. Though he wasn't the most fashionable one in terms of dressing style but his features were not bad. He had jet black eyes and dark brown hair. His jaw line was sharp and I could make out his biceps from the tightness of his shirt around his upper arms.

As he was about to leave, I stopped him. "Actually, I am new here. Can you tell me where the principal's office is?"

"Yes sure sure. It's on the second floor. You take right from the main staircase. You'll see the corridor under renovation. Enter the first door that leads to a passage. Walk through the passage, principal's office is right at the end of it."

"Woah. The office doesn't have a direct entry door?"

"There is but it is closed because of renovation."

"Oh alright! Thanks for your help. I am Raina by the way."

He glanced at me again adjusted his frame of glasses over his nose. "Nice to meet you. I am getting late. Ok Bye."

"Wait, your name is...?" Before I could complete my question he was gone. I hope he doesn't get into trouble for being late because of me. I glanced at my watch. 20 minutes remaining. I should get going.

I followed the directions given by spectacle boy and finally reached the passage. It looked very dirty. Spider webs and dust all around. Good thing it's getting renovated. Nobody else was around. But I remembered following the directions exactly as I was told. The passage was dimly lit. I reached the room at the end of the passage and what I saw shocked me to the core. There was a piece of paper stuck on the door.

It read 'Welcome! Have a great stay here.' Soon realization hit me and I dashed towards the direction from where I entered. But before I could step out, the door to the passage was slammed shut on my face.

"Hey, open the door. Open the door." I said banging the door loudly.

I could hear some students laughing outside. "Well done. Serves that fresher right." Someone said to another.

Shit. Shit. Shit. These were definitely some college bullies trying to rag freshers. "You guys have got the wrong person. I am not a student. Let me out. Now." I said angrily.

"Ooohh...So fiesty." I heard a male voice. "But don't you think this excuse is quite cliche. We are not letting you out anytime soon princess."

"Youuu" I shouted.

"Mee?"He mimicked. "See you later. And I suggest you save your energy princess. You are gonna need it. Buh-bye." With that I heard footsteps retreating.

"Wait. Don't leave me here." I shouted and as expected got no response in return.

I immediately took out my phone and dialed Sharon's number. No network. How the hell..?

A piece of paper slid from under the door. "Your phone won't work sweetie. We have mobile phone jammers installed here." I crushed the paper into a ball and threw it.

God no. It was all so systematically planned. Whosoever put the jammer over here was a freaking genius.

I looked for any other way to go out but there wasn't . I was trapped.

If didn't get out right now, I'll get very late. I took a deep breath and decided to break open the door. I took a run up and collided sideways to the door with force.

"Ow" The door was as it is but I think I bruised my upper arm. I tried to push against the door once more but it only hurt more.

"Hello? Can anybody hear me? I am locked in here. Please open the door." I asked for help while banging the door.

I walked around to the other end of the passage to check if I got even a little bit of network but no luck. Those jerks had made a perfect plan to trap people here.
I thought for a sec and recalled that the spectacle boy had told me the directions. Was he asked to misguide the freshers by those bullies' gang or..

Or he was a part of that gang.

Damnit.

He was dressed a little to weirdly for college. His body build and dressing style didn't match. Also who carries ten books at a time for class. I guess he wasn't that innocent afterall. It was all a setup. I can't believe I fell for it.

No no no. This can't be happening right now. "Help! Somebody help me." I shouted for a few minutes and again tried to break open the door. After several attempts, I got exhausted and slid down against the door.

I glanced at the watch once again. It was almost time for my interview and here I was stuck, frustrated and hungry.

I didn't have breakfast today out of anxiety for the interview and look where it got me. So much for making first impressions. I sighed.

And then I got an idea. I took out a pen and piece of paper from my bag and wrote 'Help me. I am locked in the abandoned passage on the second floor.' And I slid the paper out of the door.

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes. Even if nobody finds the note Sharon will figure out that something is wrong when she gets to know that I didn't make it for the interview. She'll definitely come and get me. I just need to stay calm.

I don't remember how much time passed when I heard somebody opening the door. I was half asleep and could barely move from the sound.

"Hey, you alright?" I heard someone asking me tapping my cheeks.

Angel? I thought.

I slowly opened my eyes to see a guy with a pair of hazel ones and black hair. We were so close at that moment that I could hear the sound of his breath. He gave me his hand and helped me up. I got a bit dizzy and swayed due to the lack of oxygen in the room. He quickly steadied me by wrapping his arm around my waist. I also clinged to his arms for support.  "Are you fine? What are doing here? And who are you?"

Now I was fully awake. My happiness had no bounds when I saw the door open. " I am fine. Just need some fresh air. Thank you so much for helping me. I am Raina. Some pranksters locked me here."

"I am sorry you had to face all this. Some students take pride in bullying and pranking the freshers. Do you know who they were?"

"I dunno."

"Are you a fresher?"

Why is everybody asking me this question today? I have really starting to dread this now.

"No. I am not a student. I am an architect and I am here for an interview with the principal's that is if he still wants to meet me. You see I am extremely late." I said looking down.

"I see. But don't worry our principal's is a very nice person. I am sure he'll give you a chance to prove yourself. Come I'll take you to the principal's office."

"That would be perfect."

He guided me through the building until we reached in front of the principal's office.

"Thank you Mr...?" I asked politely.

"Steven."

"Okay. Thank you Steven."

"All the best for your interview" He smiled and left. Some students of this college were not so bad after all.

Author's Note

Please vote and comment on this story if you are liking it so far and want more!!🧡