𝟏𝟐| 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 conversations

❀Amara❀

We sat in the car, driving our way back home to the apartment from the grocery store. I leaned my head against the window, staring outside as I watched the buildings pass by. I looked down at Salvatores hand that had placed itself on my thigh, watching as his thumb stroked up and down my skin.

"Are you sure you're alright? You've been quiet ever since we left the store." He asked, my hands stopping the fiddling that they were doing with each other as I looked over at him, nodding my head with a smile.

"I'm okay."I replied softly, looking down at his hand as he started drumming his fingers on the inside of my thigh. I reached my hand down, picking his hand up as I slowly pushed it off of me.

I felt him glancing back and forth between the road and I through my peripheral vision and he let out a sigh, running his hand down his face tiredly.

"You saw, didn't you?" He asked, my eyebrows pulling together as I chose not to answer him. I continued to stare out the window, pretending like I didn't hear him.

"I didn't kiss her if that's what you're wondering. She kissed me after I told her off for hitting you. I don't know how much you saw, but the kiss didn't last very long since I pushed her off of me." He explained, relief slightly filling me at the small hope I felt at the fact that he was possibly telling me the truth. There was no evidence of what he were saying was true or not. The only thing I guess I had to do was take his word for it.

"Okay." I replied, keeping my gaze out the window as I softly hummed to fill the silence between us. I wasn't going to cry over a kiss no matter how much it pained me to see it. He was a free man. He could kiss all the women in the world if he wanted to.

"Mara please say something else other than one worded responses." He sighed, glancing back at me and I looked over at him, scanning the unidentifiable look on his face before I let out a small sigh.

"I don't know what you want me to say Salvatore. Did it hurt to see you guys kiss after all the intimacy we shared beforehand? Yes, but I'm not going to spend my entire life crying about it. I have better things to do than waste my time moping about you and your jealous ex who clearly isn't over you." I let out truthfully, turning my gaze back onto the window.

"She's not my ex. She's just a hookup that I'm no longer associated with." He said, my lips pursing as I didn't know how else to respond to that. He glanced at me, turning on his blinker as he made a right.

He pulled into the parking lot for the apartment and I got out of the car, hopping down as I closed the door behind me. I walked over towards the back of the car, grabbing groceries from the trunk that he had opened.

"Let me get those-"

"I got it." I cut him off, adjusting the bags I had taken in my hands as I began walking towards the apartment building. I walked up the stairs, him following directly below me and I frowned, realizing he could see up my dress and sweatshirt that I had on.

I turned my head to look down at him and just as I expected, his eyes were trained on my butt. He looked up at me, immediately looking away and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Your reaction time is slow." I told him, standing in front of the door as I waited for him to open it. He struggled, adjusting the many bags in his hands and I groaned, setting one of mine down as I dug into the front pocket of his jeans.