𝟎𝟗| 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 games

-Amara-

After realizing that I had been shaking Brielle's hand for way longer than I'd expected to, I immediately pulled it away before holding it inside of my other as I gave her a welcoming smile.

"It's so lovely to meet you Brielle." I said, showcasing a polite smile. She returned the same smile, giving me a once over before meeting my eyes once more.

"You too, Amara." She said my name as if it had disgraced her taste buds and I slightly frowned before I decided to brush of her rude tone.

"So Amara, are you a new employee? If so, I'd be more than happy to give you a tour, possibly teach you how things work around here." she offered and I just looked at her a bit strangely seeing as she was acting like she had been working here for years when in reality, it'd only been a couple of days.

"Oh no, that won't be necessary but I appreciate your offer." I replied. She cocked her head slightly, giving me a look of confusion with her judgmental brown eyes.

"Amara's been working here for a while now so she's kind of an expert." Nate clarified a bit jokingly and I rolled my eyes playfully at him. The confusion eased off of her face and she gave a small hum in understanding before walking past me as she started to put on her apron.

"Uh well maybe I can teach you how things work around here. You know, direct you and be your-"

"No thanks, but I appreciate your offer though." She cut me off with an overly happy smile and I pursed my lips as I raised my eyebrows. From what I was sensing, she wasn't a big fan of me.

"Okay.." I trailed off.

"So Natey, I was thinking that maybe for dinner tonight, we could go to the new restaurant that opened up last week." Brielle cleared the silence, pushing past me as if I weren't even there.

"Dinner?" Nate asked in confusion before his face dropped, his palm connecting with his face as he smacked himself.

"You forgot about our date tonight, didn't you?" She asked him and he nodded his head. I raised my eyes brows as a smile made it's way over my face.

"Nate you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend." I nudged him playfully in the arm as I giggled and he placed his hand on my head as he pushed me away from him.

"We're not dating." He clarified and I seen Brielle arch a brow at his words as if it weren't so true.

"Well it's nice to see you finally taking interest in someone else." I smiled, patting him on the shoulder and he chuckled at me, shaking his head. My eyes caught onto Brielle who was looking back and forth between the two of us with suspicion in her eyes.

"You two have history?" She asked, pointing her fingers between the both of us and Nate and I scratched the back of our heads awkwardly.

"We've just been friends for a while." I responded, biting the inside of my cheek and Nate nodded his head in agreement. I felt a tinge of guilt for not telling her the truth about Nate and I but there was no point in bringing it up. She already hated me enough as is.

"So anyways, dinner..." Brielle completely ignored me as she continued to speak to Nate about their plans. I walked off as seeing as their date had nothing to do with me. I pushed a cart out towards the front and stopped by Mr. Darcy.