𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟗𝟑

Start from the beginning

Astrid felt a wave of relief at Ahsoka's interruption, and she replied easily, "Well, he lives in a canyon like this one just outside Mos Eisley. Are we near Mos Eisley?" 

"Yeah, the town is about five miles from here," Anakin told her. 

"Well, perfect," Ahsoka remarked with a grin. 

They continued walking for ten more minutes in silence, and Astrid was relieved when Anakin didn't broach their earlier conversation again. She needed a little longer to prepare herself for that conversation, in which she would be introducing Luke and Leia to Anakin. 

Astrid began to recognize certain markings and rock structures as they continued onwards, and she knew they were drawing close. Excitement blossomed within her at the prospect of seeing Obi-Wan and Luke and Leia again, yet she felt a touch of unease that she couldn't quite explain. How would Anakin react to seeing the twins and Obi-Wan again, and how would Obi-Wan react to seeing Anakin again? 

Her neck began to prickle as if they were being watched, and she craned her neck behind her and Anakin to look at the canyon top for signs of attackers. Yet, she was so focused on the surroundings behind them that when several shots rang out, causing Anakin to suddenly dive behind an outcrop of rock to the side of the canyon, she let out a startled scream. Anakin hurriedly, but gently set her down on the hard-packed ground before he reached for his lightsaber and peered around the rock. 

A moment later, Ahsoka skidded behind the rock, too, her ignited lightsaber in hand. Astrid's eyes widened at the sight of Ahsoka's lightsaber. She realized then that she hadn't seen Ahsoka wield her lightsaber recently until now, and the weapon had undergone some modifications. 

It was a pure white color, just like the lightsaber of that one Grey Jedi who Astrid had met after the three of them had crashed their ship on that unknown planet during the Clone Wars. That meant Ahsoka had fought a Sith and won. She'd taken the Sith's lightsaber and cleansed the lightsaber of its crimson red color using the Force. 

They were quite a strange trio, Astrid realized. Ahsoka with her white lightsaber, Astrid with her blue lightsaber, and Anakin with his crimson lightsaber. 

Ahsoka didn't notice Astrid's riveted attention on her white lightsaber because her eyes were intent on the top of the canyon where the shots had come from. Anakin sidled up beside Ahsoka as he followed her gaze. He let out a curse under his breath a moment before the two of them suddenly ducked down as three more shots rang out. 

"Who is it?" Astrid demanded, hating how useless she felt just sitting on the ground, waiting. 

"Tusken Raiders," Anakin gritted out. "The bane of my existence." 

Ahsoka spoke up from where she was crouched down on the ground with her forearms resting on her knees, "I am going to run out there and hopefully reflect a few of their shots back at them with my lightsaber. We can't wait here forever." 

"I'll go with you," Anakin offered quickly.

Ahsoka tossed her eyes playfully before inclining her head at Astrid and dashing out into the open. Anakin hurried after her, his boots kicking up plumes of fine sand. Astrid watched as Ahsoka gripped the hilt of her lightsaber in both of her hands before  quite literally splitting the hilt in half to reveal two lightsabers, one in each hand.