Chapter 28

I frowned as I searched frantically for the off button on the alarm clock . Who even set it for me ? I sighed as I found it and pressed it with such intensity that I feared it would break off.
Realizing that sleep was no longer of interest to my eyes ,I groaned and stomped over too the bathroom .
  After spending almost twenty minutes in the bathroom,mainly because the water was so refreshing ,I came out wrapped in a towel . Harmattan season was already coming in heavily and the morning breeze was unmerciful.

Clad in a loose shirt and joggers , I scurried down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen .Mum was at work .Apparently she was a renowned doctor. I was proud of her for not letting what she went through deter her from success .
  Smiling to myself ,I eagerly fried some eggs and boiled hot water for tea . Needless to say ,I was hungry .  I made tea and brought out a few slices of bread .Knowing the kind of person I was ,                     I was probably not going to eat until night time .

  After eating I did some chores which weren't really needed because the house was spotless .I thought of paying Dami a visit but reconsidered as I didn't fancy what the alarm clock did to me .I wouldn't want to be his alarm clock. Dismissing the thought, I walked back into my room unaware of what I could possibly do to keep myself busy . I had actually never realized how boring my life was .  I was always too busy dealing with bullies in school or talking to Razak and Suliat when I wasn't reading or working endlessly for mama . The room suddenly felt stuffy so I removed the curtains and opened the windows making sunlight pour in .  I moved towards it and looked outside .The estate was truly beautiful and it seemed like it had only twelve houses .  
  The sound of my door being opened startled me making me .?turn back on impulse . Once my eyes sighted Dami , I relaxed ."What's your problem , Can't you knock ? " I couldn't help but ask . He had a mischievous smirk resting on his face .I was already used to seeing it though since he always had it on . "Good morning to you too dear twin  sister ." I rolled my eyes at his remark .It was as if he wanted to piss me off  , and it was working really well . Even I marveled at how my mood changed instantly .  "So what have you been doing ?" He asked as he settled on my bed . "I don't even know ." I stared staring at the wall .Something came to mind ."How come the school didn't have a Christmas carol ?" I asked curiously .  Even my former school had Christmas carols at the end of every year . "I don't know sha but that doesn't mean we won't celebrate Christmas now does it ?" I frowned at him wiggling his eyebrows .It made him look weird . "So would you like to look around ?Just a walk in the estate and some places around oh .Me I don't have power to start moving about ,it's mummy or Kiara that will do that one ni ."  He said twisting my fingers . I scrunched my face up in pain . "Did I beg you ni ?" I called out .  "Een don't worry then ."  I watched him turn back and attempt to walk out of the room before facing me again ."So you will not beg me sha . Oya change fast I'm downstairs ." I looked at him in shock as he walked out .Change to what ?Didn't he just say it was just a walk ? I went to the long mirror beside my wardrobe and stared at my reflection . I actually did look rough and  my white short had a stain on it already .Problems of a girl who liked white shirts . I smiled to myself as I searched through my wardrobe which had now become a mini  boutique for something to wear .

Ten minutes later ,I slid my legs into slippers and walked down the stairs .Dami was busy watching television .He was so engrossed that he didn't even notice my presence ,leaving me wondering how interesting the show was .
   After waving my fingers in front of his face for a few seconds he finally stood up and we went outside . We'll first branch one fast food restaurant .I haven't eaten ."He grumbled as soon as we stepped out of the gate . "Didn't you just leave your house ?" I asked baffled . He shrugged it off and we kept on walking .
The estate was even more beautiful than it looked from my room window .  House number eight which was our house was painted blue and same with house number six . The gates were so massive that even the thought of someone trying to climb would make you fear the person . It was almost impossible to climb without breaking a bone or two .
   We soon got out of the estate and walked to a restaurant with "Foodie .Com " boldly inscribed on it .  As a we went Inside ,Dami flashed the lady at the counter a card and she smiled so brightly making me wonder what the card was . "Will you have y ?" He asked and I nodded in the negative as I pulled out my phone .  The game I was playing was so addictive that even when I felt  Dami's figure towering over me , I didn't remove my eyes . "You're using me to play game abi ? " I still didn't look at him .Although by now I was deliberately ignoring him .I called it a taste of his own medicine ."He grabbed the phone out of my hands and stuffed it in his pocket making me look at him unwillingly ."Are you done ?When did you get here ?"I asked innocently . "Hmm,I will just leave you here ."  He said and started walking away .I stood up and followed him fast .
"Be black mailing me oh ." I called out . "Black mailing ni,white mailing ko . I just smiled at him . " So where to next ?"I asked .
"There's a church not far from here where we can get the best prayers .You up ? " He asked smiling ."This boy must you always crack dry jokes ?"

**********************************
2,000 dry jokes later which I knew my brother had great fun teasing me with,we were back at the house because  we couldn't seem to agree where to go to . So we settled in the sitting room and watched movies .More like he watched movies .I wasn't concentrating because I was reading a book .I would only look up at intervals.

Hours later ,I left Dami in the sitting room to have a nap since I had nothing else to do .

1129 words .

A/n: Hi guys 🙋.Long time oh .Anyhoo,how was the chapter ?I hope it turned out well because I wrote it over and over again trying to make it perfect .
Dami ehn.
Oshey dear twin sister .

That's all for now .See you in the next chapter ❤❤