Chapter 3 - Don't kill her

"When you are guilty, it is not your sins you hate but yourself."

***************

Natalie's POV

It's been four weeks since I first met this man.

A full month.

Four weeks equals twelve sessions. Twelve sessions means twenty-four hours.

I've spent a total of twenty-four hours with him yet I am no way near close of figuring him out. If possible, with every session, he gets more complex and harder for me to read.

He never gives me a direct answer to my questions. He is always so mysterious and full of secrets.

I keep arranging the pieces of his puzzled mind together in a very wrong way and every time I mess it up, I am obliged to restart all over again.

In short, this man is driving me crazy. Literally.

I huffed in annoyance as I gathered my things, I placed the notepad into my purse and with one last look at my office, I turned off the lights and headed out. As I waited for the elevator, I turned my head and looked at the window outside noticing how the darkness had already blanketed the city. I scoffed, of course.

Our twelfth session just ended a few minutes ago, and even though I am taking from my free time to deliver his session, yet still I see no improvements or whatsoever to leave me a bit satisfied. I know that one month is nothing and we are still in the very beginning of the road yet all I need from him is to open up for me a little, to trust me. He doesn't. It's like he wants to prove to me that I can't fix him. He's challenging me, I can feel it.

He is beating me in my own game.

This hot human being is no piece of cake.

The ding sound of the elevator almost had me jumping, startled as it pulled me out of the sea of my thoughts. All thanks to Mr. Viarchi.

I am so angry. Furious even. Ugh.

I tried to kick him out of my mind as the elevator took me to the underground floor and into the parking lot. I ran my hand through my hair, fixing it a bit and pulled into a deep calming breath.

I just can't wait to get home. Nothing a glass of wine can't fix.

I was a bit calmer as I reached down and walked toward my car. I unlocked it and placed my things in the backseat before I got in and started the engine...but luck wasn't on my side today. Not at all. I turned the keys again, trying to roar the engine to life but alas, it wasn't working.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself as I tried again and again. The stupid car didn't listen to my silent pleas and just like Nikolas, it gave me no response.

"Ugh!" I groaned in anger before I hit the steering wheel. As if I needed this right now.

A light knock on my car's window had me jumping up in my seat.

Jesus, I am really on edge lately.

I could only wonder why...please sense the sarcasm in my sentence.

I turned to my intruder and my heart involuntarily did that little jump. I swallowed hard as I lowered the window and flashed him a nervous smile as my stomach twisted into a hundred billion knots, "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Nikolas asked, his eyebrows pulling together.

I gulped and nodded, "Uh-huh," I managed to say, "Why?"