24.More Than Love

AN: Story last chapter was sucky but this is the last chapter sadly. But I have a deleted scene that I decided not to put in the book. So I posting that next.

Clarity POV

So we stayed with Steven, until he was so drunk he could barely stand so he crashed on the couch. Steven wanted us to stay here with him, so we did me and Joe stayed in the guest room.

"I feel so bad for him.",I whispered, "I wish there was something I could do."

"I do too, but we can't do anything but be there for him.",He said.

"It's better than no one being there for him.",Joe added quickly.

Snuggled closer to his chest and pulled the blanket around me. Steven's house was freezing. Joe slid his arm around me bringing me closer to him.

"I loved you.",He said resting his lips against my forehead.

"I love you too.",I whispered, burring my face in his chest.

Why did everything have to be so confusing and difficult. Why did he have to call me Billie and why did Steven's heart have to get broken.

He gave his wife the trust to hurt him, that takes everything you have to give them the chance to hurt you and trust that they don't. And she hurt him. I gave Joe the trust not to hurt me, but he did. Weather he was drunk or not, weather the things he said about Billie were true or not. It still hurt. So don't know why humans trust to much, trust love ones and complete strangers.

But I forgave Joe because that's what people do when they truly love you. They forgive you for your idiotic mistakes. No matter how bad they are, they forgive you.

Does this mean I don't like Joe or even Love him...this means I feelings for him that mean more than love. I love him more than love can ever mean, there isn't a word to even describe how much I love and care for him.

"Joe.",I whispered.

He looked down. To let me so I know he was paying attention.

"Yes.",He whispered putting his hand on my thigh.

"I don't know how to put this to words but Joe I think I love you more than love.",I said.

He leaned down put his lips against mine. His warm lips brushed against mine. I moved my hand up to his cheek, and pulled him closer.
He pulled away resting his forehead on mine.

"I'm glad you feel the same way.",He whispered.

That moment I knew he loved me and only me, that my father would have to suck it up and accept us. Because that's how it was going to stay us. Us loving each other till our last breath.