4.Back To Work

Clarity POV

It's been two days since the dream and I haven't been able to think straight around Joe. Because of the dream. Every time I look at him I think of the dream, and I try to figure it out which ruin any lyrics I have in my mind. I just question the dream. How was everything that detailed, why was I that beautiful, why did I go threw drowning,falling, pain and then die, why did I come back a live, what does Joe tell me 'You have to see and feel pain to know what beauty looks and feels like.', but the most important question is why was Joe there? It could have been anyone or even no one but it was Joe.

Joe POV

She seemed distracted, the last two days and today. And it was bugging the shit out of me cause we weren't getting anything done even thought the only reason why recommend writing songs was so I could spend time with her. But it's bugging the shit out of me that we're getting nothing done. Now I know how Stevens feels.

"Are you okay, you have been distracted the last couple of days?",I asked.

"No,no I'm fine it nothing.",She said.

She said staring down at the blank paper with a ballpoint pen in her hand. I could see something was chewing at her, driving her insane. I wasn't gonna sit here and have her lie to me.

"What's wrong?",I asked again.

"Nothing.",She said and started jolting down lyrics.

I read it as she wrote.

Cause when I look in too his eyes
It's like I finally realized
He's the sun
And I'm the light
And the star have never shine so bright
In the dark of night
In this world of bliss
Cause every kiss
Ever moments worth it
When I with you
Forgetting what to say just do
Those chocolate brown eyes
Is a beautiful disguise

She stopped for a second she put down the pen and stared at the paper.

"What's wrong?",I asked again.

"Nothing,I'm fine...damn just let me be.",She said.

I lifted my hand and rested it on her cheek, pushed her head so she face me. I was looking her in the eyes, she was looking me in the eyes.

"What's...wrong.",I breathed out slowly.

"Nothing.",She whispered.

"That's not an answer.",I said.

Well that's not an answer in my world, neither was I don't know...Unless if it was me saying it.

"Well it is for me.",She said.

She was stubborn, I know she's not going to tell me. But I'm keep on asking.

"Well it isn't for me.",I said.

"If you were as sane as any person, you would think I'm insane if I told you.",She whispered.

Are eyes were still locked she didn't look anyway from me, it's like she was trying to make clear of something in my eyes. Like she was trying to find something.

"Who ever said I was sane.",I whispered and smiled crookedly.

She smiled a little, her Browns eyes sparkled from the light I had on. I used my free hand a push a strand of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. I leaned forward to were there was less than an inch between are faces, and are lips touched. Her lips were were soft and warm. She started to kiss me back, my hands moved down her body to her waist. I slid my pointer and middle finger threw her belt loops. I pulled her closer as we kissed, I closed my eyes as she closed hers. She rested one handed on my chest and wrapped around her other arm around my neck. I fell back, she fell with me. She was on top of me as we kissed, I tried pulling her closer to me. When the door bell rang, she jumped a little but kept kissing me. I slid my hands down to her thighs. I started to trace my tongue on her bottom lip, asking for entrance and I was just about to get it when.

"It's me Johnny!",The man yelled who was at the front door.

She popped up, a small popping noise happened from our lips separating.

"Coming!",She yelled breathlessly.

She got me, and walked to the door. She messed with her hair as she walked to the door trying to fix it. I sat up and grabbed my guitar to make it look like we were working on it the past few minutes. I looked down at the piece of paper that had the lyrics Clarity wrote. I heard her open the door.

"Hey dad.",I heard her say softly.

"Hey baby doll.",He said kissing the top of her head and hugging her.

"Why are you here.",She asked.

"Well since Joe picked you up and took you here ,I figure I might take you home since its late.",Johnny said with a smile.

God Johnny...who knows what could have happened if he didn't show up. If he just stayed his ass at home.

They walked over to the living room, Johnny looked around my living room which was covered in papers,pens, and empty coco-cola cans. Clarity was looking down at her polished black combat boots. Did she just realize what happened and doesn't like it, because man I loved what just happened.

"So how's the song writing going?",He asked.

"Fine, we just need two or three more songs.",I said putting my guitar back down on the stand.

"Um.",He said nodding, "Well bye Joe.",Johnny said.

Bye,what?! He can't just remove his daughter from my home when we are in the middle of writing a song!...and a few other things. But still he can't!

"But...were in the middle of writing a song.",I said quickly as they made there way to the door.

He stopped and turned.

"Well you wont be finished until tomorrow...",Johnny said and walked out the door with Clarity.

-----

I picked up my phone and went to my text messages. And typed in Clarity's name since she was in my contacts, and texted her.

Will you be my girlfriend?

After thirty minutes of staring at my phone, waiting impatiently for her to answer. My buzzed and I read the text that said.

Yes.