Chapter 35 - Things Will Never Be The Same Again

Start from the beginning

[Can you go back here as soon as possible??!]

“Georgina, can you please lower your voice down? And why?? I’m going there next week and besides, I need to fix things here.”

[Noo!! You need to go here now! Ally’s giving birth already!]

“What?! I thought she’s due next week??! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!”

[Just come here as soon as you can!]

“Is she—“ Before I could ask anything else, she ended the call. Georgina really pisses me off.

Before I could answer wrong things in the press conference, I decided to end it for the reason that I’m not feeling well. Luckily, London is just 10 hours and 40 minutes away by bullet train from Monaco.

I booked myself a night trip train ride so I could be in London by tomorrow morning. I’m so excited to see Rein’s baby boy and at the same time, I’m happy that she gave birth already.

**

A different Rein faced me when I entered her hospital room. She’s pale, thin, and looks really tired. Her hair was pulled back in a loose pony and she’s eating sliced fruits for her breakfast.

“Rob! I’m so happy you’re here.” Her voice is hoarse. Bliss helped her to sit up straight and set aside the wheeled hospital table.

“Hey, okay lang. Wag ka na masyadong gumalaw. I know you’re still tired” I gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. “Payatot ka na. You should eat something more than fruits.”

I handed Bliss the flowers I brought and sat on the chair beside the Rein’s hospital bed. “You’re just in time, they’re about to bring baby here. Ngayon ko palang siya makikita ng maayos after I passed out right after I gave birth to him.”

“He doesn’t have a name yet?”

“I really can’t decide. I want to name him after Blake pero baka Blake doesn’t want to. Baka lalo siya magalit.” Her happy expression changed into a sad one.

“Rein, Blake’s looking for you. He’s desperate. Bakit ba ayaw mo parin magpakita sakanya?”

“I don’t want to live a life because of pity. Naawa lang yun saakin.”

Before I could even object to what she said, the nurse came inside with the baby. Rein immediately sat up straight. The nurse carefully handed her the baby.

“Hello.” Her voice was drowned into whispers and I know that she couldn’t express how happy she is. I couldn’t stop myself from taking a picture of them. “You look like your Dad. Sana he could see you now.” She said sadly.

She looked at me with her teary eyes and told me to come closer. She made me carry the baby and indeed, he looked like his dad although he didn’t look like he has Filipino blood on him because of his little strands of brown hair. I couldn’t help but to smile when the baby opened his eyes and yawned. He looked so cute and he has Rein’s eyes.

“Ate, he’s so cute!” Bliss frowned. “And he looks like your stupid husband.”

“Bliss! My husband is not stupid. He’s just not yet ready to have a family.” Bliss scowled at Rein.

“Well, whoever your husband is, I’m guessing he looks mighty fine judging by the looks of your son.” Georgina said while he was looking at the baby carefully. “Who’s your husband anyway? You’ve never mentioned him.”