Part One. Chapter 1.

Dallas

"You look beautiful. You're going to be the prettiest girl in the room." I reassured my best friend, Dixie. She looked beautiful in her light blue dress that ran to her knees. Her long brown hair rested curled on her back. She was going on a date with her longtime boyfriend, Hunter. Dixie and Hunter had been together since Sophomore year of high school.

     "Aw thank you, Dallas. You sure you and Austin aren't coming with us?" Austin is my longtime boyfriend. We decided to hang out at my house, watch movies, and eat too much food. I was excited, we hadn't done it in a while.

     "Nope. You and Hunter have your fun. I don't want to join in on lovefest." I responded. I was happy for the couple. They were perfect for each other and unbreakable. The relationship had started off shaky but they made it. The doorbell rang and I told Dixie we needed to make a grand entrance. I ran down my wood stairs and made my way through the living room to the door. Our house was built by my father and grandfather.

     The main level offers a nice open floor plan; eat-in kitchen with new granite countertops and living room that leads down the hall to the utility room, full bathroom, and master suite.The upstairs offers 2 open bedrooms and a full bathroom. The downstairs offers an additional room that we use as a workout room. It leads to the walk-out downstairs with a separate storage room. Our log home offers fantastic views from the covered back porch of farmland. I opened the door and smiled at the man at the door.

    "Hey Hunter," I greeted the handsome man that stood before me. He cleaned up nice. Hunter was dressed in a fitted shirt and khakis. His black hair was slicked to the side. He is the running back on the football team along with Austin being the Quarterback. They have been best friends forever. My older brother, by two years, saunters in from the kitchen. Cash had his phone in hand and smiled at me, then saw Hunter. His face brightened up.

    "Hunter, my man. How's my team holding up?" Cash was the Quarterback for four years straight in high school. He's always asking how his team is doing.

     "We're pushing for State in California. Coach is working us hard. He suggests we start working out." Hunter responds. They talk about football for a bit then Hunter says, "Now, where is my beautiful girl?" I roll my eyes and motion for Dixie to come down who was listening to the conversation from the upstairs. She walks down the stairs and I sidle up next to Cash. Hunter looks blown away at the sight of Dixie.

    "Woah, you look absolutely stunning." Hunter says with his eyes wide.

     "As do you." Dixie puts her arms around his neck in a warm embrace.

     "Aren't y'all so cute? Just a reminder, y'all aren't getting married." Cash cuts the sweet moment with his southern accent. We all have one but Cash's is deeper than most, it's one of the ways he gets all the girls, along with his looks. He sweeps a hand through his dirty blonde hair that sits atop his head. They look at each other then burst out laughing.

     "Seriously, y'all better get out of here or I'm throwing you out." Cash threatens with a glare. They leave and I go to my room to pull on something nice. I end up putting on blue skinny jeans and a red, plaid flannel. I left my hair down. I picked up my book, went downstairs and sat on one of our leather couches. Cash walks into the room and sits on the love seat with his phone.

     "Oh, by the way, Mom and Dad are staying the night at their retreat in Nashville." Cash informed me. Mom is a photographer and Dad is a writer. Somehow, they have found a way to inspire each other. I nodded my head and continued reading. A few chapters in, I got a text from Austin.

     On my way. Can't wait to see you

     I smiled a little but covered it up with my hand. I was so excited to have him to myself for one night.