Chapter 5 - Spiraling

Sirius and Remus arrived home with content smiles on their faces. Their secret kept them going and soon it would keep you going. Maybe.

Once they opened the door, Remus's werewolf scent allowed him to smell the alcohol. He and Sirius had worried looks etched across their faces as they made their way to the kitchen.

Your lazy face looked up with a sly - drunk - smile. Your dads looked on with twisted brows and you held up your glass.

"Hey, guys!" Your voice the cheeriest they had heard in a long while. "Come. Sit. Drink with me." You carelessly reach behind you and pull out two glasses. "We have got a lot to talk about. Let me tell you that!"

Sirius and Remus hastily take a seat, watching on as you spiral. Your face was etched with a drunken slur and your words were almost impossible to put together. You slide the two cups to their side, giggling.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" Remus inquires. The once full bottle now a quarter way full. You look to it and scoff, rolling your eyes.

"I'm drinking the amount me and Fred would be drinking..." the mention of his name now dulled your mood as you swirled the cup in hand.

"Sweetheart-"

"It's alright," you cut in, drinking it and putting it down. When you picked up the bottle, you filled it again and then the one they hadn't noticed. You didn't touch the second one until you finished yours. "Jesus Freddie. drank that one fast."

Remus wanted to break down as he realised what was happening. Your intoxicated mind had come to make you believe Fred was still with you. And he was right. You were imagining that Fred was sitting beside you, laughing at your drunk face.

"Y/N..." Sirius speaks up, him pushing his cup away. "No ones there."

"Yea... I know dad..." you sigh, Fred's hand that was on top of your slowly faded away. You could no longer hear his laughter. "Lucky you."

"What do you mean, darling?" He inquires. His head tilts slightly as you look down at the table. Your stare seemed void of anything, your soul no longer worth looking for as all you would find is the shrivelled up black fog.

"I get to stay your lonely little girl forever..."

"Come on now... we never wanted that-"

"Oh, yea!" You snap, standing so fast that the chair flew back. Remus jumped at the sudden outburst. "YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT ME LOCK UP MY WHOLE LIFE! THEN I WOULDNT HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE AND GOTTEN HIM KILLED!"

"Now now, Y/N. Your father was only looking out for you-"

"Oh please," you growl out, narrowing your eyes at Sirius. "You fucking left us. You had to act tough and that lead to your demise! Hell if you had of stayed away maybe I wouldn't feel so fucking GUILTY!"

"That's it! I won't take this anymore. I tried Y/N. I tried to get out of Azkaban. For you, for Remus and Harry!"

You let out a dry humoured laugh, stomping afoot as if you were out of breath. "Oh and dear me for offending your relationship with Harry. The kid that isn't yours. Guess fucking what! You have a daughter who would have loved your praises too!"

Sirius goes quiet as he realises something had gone wrong. A tear tumbled down your cheek.

"You know what," you grouch, "Fuck this. I'm leaving."

You storm from the room to the front door, pulling your jacket free and pulled your wallet from the bowl.

"Y/N! Where are you going?" Sirius called as he follows you out the front door. He watches as you jog down the steps and glare over your shoulder.