Contemplation

"Even if we're miles apart or an untouchable centimeter apart, I'll still love you. I'll love you until forever ends."

Seokjin's eyes fly open. Instead of V's face, he's greeted with a white ceiling. How? When did they come back? He sits up, being greeted by the sight of his and V's bedroom.

The words from his dream echoes in his head. He smiles softly. It sounds like something V would say. Talking about V, Seokjin looks around the room. No V in sight. Seokjin looks over to the empty side of the bed. It doesn't look like anyone slept there at all.

Did he have another emergency meeting? Maybe he did and that's why he drove Seokjin back before leaving. Seokjin sighs. V probably got no sleep then. An idea pops up making Seokjin hurry out of bed.

How long did he sleep? The day's already bustling with people at work. Seokjin takes a quick shower. He puts on a caramel-colored sweater, smiling as he remembers the last time he wore this. V kept hugging him, saying he felt like autumn.

Seokjin makes his way downstairs, ready to act on his earlier idea. He'll make V lunch and bring it over. That way he can check on V and if needed(most likely) will urge V to take a nap.

A pleasant smell makes it's way up to his nose, stopping him in his tracks. Smells like someone's cooking. One of the servants is probably making food. Seokjin continues his way down. What should he make for V today? Bibimbap or burgers. He's feeling a little western today. Burgers it shall be!

Seokjin's humming softly to himself as he goes to the kitchen. What are the servants cooking? It smells really good. Upon arriving at the kitchen, his jaw falls open. Standing in front of him is V. Cooking.

His sleeves are rolled up and Seokjin's eyes linger on them longer than necessary. His brows are pinched in concentration, something Seokjin has never seen before. Frankly, he's never seen V like this before at all. He's moving with grace as he flips the fish in the pan.

"Since when did you get so good at cooking?" Seokjin asks, still not believing his eyes. V has always been so clumsy in the kitchen, yet he always wants to help Seokjin cook. In the end, he resorts to just being the dishwasher.

V flinches at his voice, eyes blinking up at him. "Seokjin..." Seokjin isn't sure if it's just him but V looks at him with a sense of longing? Like he hasn't seen him in a couple of months.

Seokjin smiles and hops over to his side. "Who have you been cooking with besides me?" He narrows his eyes playfully at V who's eyes are still wide.

"I watched videos," V answers, turning away to poke at the fish.

"Videos," Seokjin laughs. "Watching videos taught you but watching me didn't." He back hugs V, feeling him stiffen up right away. "What's wrong? Why are you so jumpy today?"

"I don't want to be distracted," V turns to him with a small smile. "I'm making this for you so I want it to be perfect." Seokjin smiles back brightly, making V's eyes widen again.

"Thanks, V. It smells and looks good." He presses a kiss to V's cheek softly, feeling V tense up for a second. Seokjin giggles at his reaction.

~~~~

Seokjin looks down at the small box in V's hand. "Take it," he says, looking away. Seokjin tilts his head. The past gifts he received from V, he wasn't like this. He would look directly at Seokjin or say something that would make Seokjin's heart race.

He wonders what's making him act like this. Could it be because the gift is something special? Seokjin takes the box from V's hand. The box is all black. It feels heavier than it should be for some reason. He opens the lid and his eyes widen.