Tonight

On the ground is V and Yoongi struggling with a gun. It looks like the gun just went off but no one got hurt. "V! The police are here!" Taehyung yells, watching the struggle. Both of them look up, momentarily stopping.

Yoongi's quick to get back to the matter at hand, getting the upper hand. He presses the gun to V's temple, pulling him up. "I guess this is the end for you, Kim," Yoongi says hostile. The only sign of panic from V is his clenched jaw. Yoongi looks up at Taehyung. "You're still here?"

Yoongi shrugs, "Whatever, might as well kill you too. After all, if I'm getting rid of V, I wouldn't want to continue seeing his face."

"You've become a very miserable man, Min," V says, voice rid of any emotions.

"And you've become stupid. Your life lies in my hands right now," Yoongi cocks the gun. V bites his inner check, eyes cast downwards.

"Yoongi, you don't have to do this," Taehyung tells him. "What will you benefit from doing this anyway?" Based on the glare from Yoongi, there are many benefits from this.

"Drop the weapon!" Footsteps surround them. Finally, it's the police. Yoongi isn't fazed at all. "If you don't drop the weapon, we'll have to take our orders and shoot you."

Yoongi has the audacity to yawn, his eyes meeting Taehyung's. Taehyung stares back. Yoongi is a miserable man like V said. But he isn't just a vicious, miserable man. He's also someone with a heart and mind.

Taehyung knows this because when he was hanging out with Yoongi, he saw that man. The man who has a strong tolerance for alcohol, who secretly plays the piano, and acts like he doesn't care when he does.

"Yor don't need to kill V," Taehyung says, eyes still meeting Yoongi's. "Especially with all these policemen around, you wouldn't want to do that."

"Why would you know what I want?" Yoongi glares at him. If looks could kill, he'd already been dead.

"I don't," Taehyung admits. "I just know that your life isn't going to be any better if you kill V. You have to understand that you can't change anything anymore." Yoongi's glaring temporarily stops, urging Taehyung to go on. "There are just some things in life you can't get, no matter how much you want it."

Probably not the best thing to say considering how dangerous Yoongi is right now. Yet, it's the truth, isn't it? Yoongi lowers his gun but the police officers still have their guns trained on him.

He pushes V forward, making a few officers flinch. Then, he throws the gun to the side and raises his hands. "He's surrendering!" Taehyung watches as they surround Yoongi, cuffing him. Wasn't that too fast?

He stands in the same spot, watching. As Yoongi's passing by, he turns to Taehyung. In his eyes isn't anger, guilt, or sadness. It's pity. Yoongi stops walking as Taehyung walks over to him. He wants to know why he's receiving pity of all things.

"I don't understand," Taehyung simply says. "I didn't even say much." Yoongi still has pity in his eyes though now it's masked.

"You enjoyed this charade too much. I wonder who'll get hurt from it." Yoongi doesn't wait for anyone to force him along as he willingly walks over to the police car.

The officers give him worried glances but he brushes them off with a bright smile. Behind his smile, his brows furrows. He glances at V who's exchanging words with a detective, Yoongi's words whisper to him.

~~~~

"A couple of months! Why didn't anyone tell me?!" Taehyung blubbers as V calmly sips on his black coffee. V had woken up a couple of months ago but Taehyung didn't know a thing about it. He was forbidden to visit V in case someone followed him.