V

The meeting room was covered in thick silence as everyone anticipated the CEO's thoughts. Kim V.

V as in Victory. Or V as in Vicious and Villainous according to his employees.

After a hard staring contest between V and the board, V rolls his eyes and throws down the manila folder. The papers inside scattering everywhere. "Is this what's gonna make us beat Park Jimin and Min Yoongi?" His sharp eyes scan the meeting room.

Not one pair of eyes could meet his. "Is it?" V asks again harshly. "Answer me!"

"No," a few voices muttered. V stands up abruptly, hands clenching on the table.

He laughs but there was no tint of joy. His hands stop clenching. "Then why would you present this piece of crap to me?" Silence fills the room again. "I didn't know I hired a bunch of statues."

"Sorry, Chairman Kim," all the employees say in unison.

"Don't disappoint me again. Meeting dismiss." The employees stands up and bows, grateful as V leaves with Secretary Jung.

"Your husband called," Secretary Jung tells V as they continue walking to V's office. V looks straight ahead not caring much and still annoyed from the meeting. "He wants to know when you'll be home tonight."

"Tell Seokjin I'm just going to spend the night in the office," V says with no emotions. All he could think of right now was coming up with ways to be better than his two enemies.

"But he insisted that you come home or else he'll-"

"Hoseok!" V stops walking. "I'm angry and I have a lot of work on my hands because of those idiots, so if you would, please so very kindly tell Seokjin I won't make it home tonight."

V turns to look at Secretary Jung. "Okay, Secretary Jung?"

"As you wish, Chairman Kim," Secretary Jung says defeated. By now they've reached V's office. V goes inside as Secretary Jung pulls out his phone.

"Seokjin? Yes, I spoke to him. He's gonna spend the night in the office. The meeting wasn't very pretty . ."

———————————————————

Seokjin sighs as he ends the call. This would be the third night in a row that V didn't come home. More than sad, he was mad. V treats him like nothing. He doesn't hate the fact that V doesn't love him necessarily.

He hates how V doesn't love him but V doesn't hate him either. He's just nothing to him. Nothing important.

You think Seokjin would be used to this by now. It's been about a month. A month since this marriage. At first Seokjin actually kind of liked V. At first.

He still remembers everything like it was just yesterday.

****

"Come on, Seokjin. He's not a bad person."

"Dad, do you even hear yourself?" Seokjin's dad looks down. Seokjin looks at his mom. "Did you guys even consider me at all when agreeing to this? Did you even think that Seokjin, your son, would not want this?"

"Seokjin, your dad and I don't mean for this to be a bad thing for you. We want you to be happy. We love you. That's why we're doing this. We want you to live a comfortable life," Seokjin's mom tells him softly with pleading eyes.

Seokjin looks away. Was he being selfish? His parents do love him and since when did they ever do anything not in the benefit for him? Never. They always did it for him. His rebellious and angry side stutters and he looks away from his parents.