Deeper

Taehyung awakes to the cold kissing his face. He groans as he sits up, forcing his sleepy eyes to open. The balcony door was wide open. He turned to Seokjin's side of the bed which was empty. Taehyung gets up from the bed and makes his way to the balcony.

He rubs the tiredness from his eyes, squinting at Seokjin. "Jin?"

Seokjin turns around, a small smile on his lips. "Did I wake you?"

Taehyung shakes his head. "No. The cold did." Seokjin laughs, the sound of it warming Taehyung up. "What are you doing? It's the middle of the night," Taehyung notices the dark of the sky.

"I couldn't sleep," Seokjin tells him. Taehyung walks over to Seokjin and back hugs him.

"What's on your mind? You can talk to me about it," Taehyung snuggles his face into the crook of Seokjin's neck. Seokjin stays quiet, earning a raised brow from Taehyung. "Jin?"

He steps back from Jin, pulling his arms back. His jaw drops as a red liquid drip from his hands. "Jin!" He turns Seokjin around by the shoulders. "You're bleeding." Seokjin stares unemotionally at his panicked state. "Where . ."

The blood was coming from his chest, right where his heart is. "Jin, you're bleeding . ." Taehyung trails off, looking at the gushing blood.

"You too, Taehyung." Taehyung's eyes widen at the calling of his name. He puts a hand on top of his own heart, to see bright red blood.

Taehyung sits up, gasping. His hand immediately comes up to his chest. No blood. No red. Nightmare. Just a nightmare. His breath hitches as his eyes fall over to the empty spot next to him. Seokjin! His frantic eyes fall onto the wide-open balcony door.

"No . ." Taehyung whispers. Why is this like the dream? Despite this scene being similar to his nightmare, he stands up and makes his way to the balcony. There, Seokjin is. Just like the nightmare. "Jin?"

Seokjin turns around, "Did I wake you?" Taehyung's eyes immediately fall to his chest which isn't bleeding. "I couldn't go to sleep so I stepped out for some fresh air." Taehyung is still looking at Seokjin's chest warily, waiting for blood to start oozing out. "V?"

The bleeding doesn't seem to come, calming Taehyung down. He steps towards Seokjin and hugs him. He buries his face in the crook of Seokjin's neck. "I had a nightmare." He squeezes his eyes shut, the image of Seokjin bleeding, fresh in his mind. "You were hurt."

Seokjin caresses his head, "Well, I'm not hurt now." He continues stroking Taehyung's head. "Unlike you, I had a nice dream. We were jet skiing. The water was so blue, it seemed fake. The sand, practically white."

Taehyung pulls away, "Was I good at jet skiing?"

Seokjin laughs, "You were okay."

"Okay! Only okay!" Taehyung pouts, making Seokjin laugh more.

Seokjin connects their hands, "Yeah, just okay." Before Taehyung could protest, Seokjin leans forward and presses his cheek against Taehyung's. Cheek kiss. He smiles softly at Taehyung. "Let's go back to sleep. I'm freezing out here."

Seokjin leads them back inside. As they get into bed, Taehyung sneaks a peck on Seokjin's cheek who blushes in return. "Thanks for making me feel better," Taehyung says and wraps an arm around Seokjin's waist. Seokjin's back is against Taehyung's chest.

"You're welcome," Seokjin says quietly. Taehyung has no trouble falling asleep knowing Seokjin's safe and sound in his arms.

~~~~

"Meeting dismissed," Taehyung leans back in his chair as the employees file out of the room. He rubs his forehead, feeling a headache startup.

"Are you feeling okay, Taehyung?" Hoseok whispers to him.