Togetherness

Taehyung stops and takes a sip from his water bottle. He frowns as he sees how long they've still got to go. He hands the bottle to Seokjin who takes it right away. He looks at the sun. If they don't hurry up, it's a possibility they won't make it back down in time.

Ready to continue their hike up the mountain, he glances over to Seokjin. Jin looks tired and out of breath but when he catches Taehyung's gaze, stands straighter with his shoulders straight.

Taehyung takes Seokjin's hand, "Let's rest for a bit." He leads Seokjin off the pathway and they go into the forest. Not too far away as Taehyung makes sure the path is still in sight.

He sits down on the forest floor and Seokjin sits besides him. "Your hand is cold," Taehyung notices. He brings Seokjin's hand up to his mouth and blows on it, doing his best to warm it up.

He does this until Seokjin's hand is warm. "Okay, the other one." He holds Seokjin's warm hand tightly, not wanting Seokjin's hand to be cold again. Seokjin gives his other hand to Taehyung, who works right away with warming it up.

Taehyung decided that they should go hiking. So, they packed some food and water and up the mountain they go. Not to mention, it's cold due to the autumn air.

"Done. All warm." He holds both of Seokjin's hands, rubbing them softly.

Seokjin removes his right hand, brushing Taehyung's fringes out of his eyes. "How do you manage to stay warm still?" Taehyung shrugs and continues playing with Seokjin's hand.

They're currently sitting on fallen leaves. The trees are partially filled with brown, orange, red, or yellow leaves. More dead leaves are falling off as winter is right around the corner.

He smiles at Jin who's fingertips are still gracing his forehead. Without warning, he pushes Seokjin down. Seokjin yelps as his back hits the forest floor. Taehyung follows suit and lies beside Seokjin. "What was that for?" Seokjin pouts but, Taehyung's eyes are looking up. Seokjin looks up as well.

"Isn't it pretty?" Taehyung asks. They're looking up at the clear blue sky through the autumn tree branches.

Seokjin nods and scoots closer to Taehyung. "It is."

Looking up at the sky, he remembers the time. He gets up. "Let's get going." He offers Seokjin a hand which Seokjin takes. Together, the two continue their way up the mountain.

They chatter as they ascend higher. Soon, they reach the place Taehyung wants to show Seokjin. He grabs Seokjin's hand and runs to the field of wheat. Taehyung's mouth is parted in a smile. This is one of his favorite places to visit in the whole wide world.

"This is what you wanted to show me?" Seokjin asks looking between the endless wheat around them. Taehyung nods excitedly. "Wheat?"

Taehyung shakes his head. He spreads both of his arms and spins around. "Flowers." Seokjin smiles softly as he continues spinning, though not catching on yet. He stops and grabs Seokjin's hands. "Right now it's just wheat. However, in the spring and summer it's all flowers."

"Really?" Seokjin asks with a smile.

"All of it. Purple." Taehyung beams. He feels so happy to share this place with Seokjin. "Can I bring you here when it's summer?" He wants Seokjin to see when the flowers are in full bloom.

"I'd love to come again with you," Seokjin tells the very happy Taehyung.

Taehyung swings his and Seokjin's connected hands. "It's like a purple ocean. I can't wait for summer to come."

Seokjin chuckles, "Me too."

~~~~

"Uh-oh."