you're cute as a ghost

*Trigger warning: hints towards sexual assault*

Synopsis: Y/N and Harry are best friends at a Halloween party

Y/N and Harry are best friends and have been since they were born. They grew up together since their mother's were best friends too and wanted the same for both of their children. They were born around the same time with Y/N entering the earth a week after Harry and their bond started from there.

"How do I look?" Y/N turned, looking from the mirror to Harry who was laying on her bed without a shirt on.

They were getting ready for the Halloween party they were invited to. Y/N had been waiting for this day ever since she'd been asked by her good friend, Jordan. She was crushing on a girl called Ella and wanted to look her very best for her since she knew she would be at this party.

Y/N was bi-sexual and it was something she was very proud of after going through years of being unsure and being kept in the closet. She told Harry long before anyone else and he was immensely proud of her for having the courage to tell him.

He then tried to comfort her into telling her parents and sat next to her when it came to announcing who she was and how she felt. Her parents were accepting and that was something she'd be forever grateful for considering others weren't as lucky.

"Harry!" She reaches for a cushion and throws it at her best friend who's sat on his phone. "Stop looking for tonight's hookup and tell me how I look." She laughs.

Harry rolls his eyes and looks up at her, his eyes widening at the sight. She was wearing a black dress that hugged her curves perfectly. Her hair was in loose curls and her makeup looked as if it were done by an artist, her artistic touch showing through. 

"W-wow." Harry cleared his throat, "What happened to the ghost costume?" 

Y/N grinned and grabbed a white sheet off of the chair, "Well, I want it to be a surprise. You see, I'll enter as a ghost and when I see Ella I'll take the sheet off." 

"Clever." Harry joked but he couldn't help the pounding in his heart as he stared at his best friend.

Harry has had feelings for Y/N for as long as he could remember. He remembers when they shared their first kiss back when they were about seven and Y/N made such a big fuss about it but he was over the moon. 

He tried to get his mind off of her by sleeping with other girls and finding relationships with other people but his thoughts would always roll straight back to his best friend. 

He was planning on telling her his feeling sometime soon but it was hard and Y/N had her eyes on somebody else who was nothing like Harry. 

Harry knew Ella through his biology class and he wasn't so sure about her. She hung out with all of the boys on the football team and they weren't that great either. Ella had been messaging Y/N over Snapchat for a few weeks now which, he could only assume, was how Y/N caught feelings in the first place. 

"Well what are you dressing as?" Y/N asked, sitting on the spot beside him and turning round so she could lie back and rest her head on his lap.

Harry immediately brushed his fingers through her wavy hair and she relaxed instantly, "I'm going as my handsome self of course."

"Boring!" She groaned, "You went as that last year. When will there be a year when you finally let us have matching costumes."

When I ask you to be my girlfriend, he thought. 

"Maybe next year..." Harry said and soon they were off to the party.

"How do I look?" Y/N turned to Harry with the sheet over her body as they stopped in front of the house.