driver's license p2

Synopsis: I still see your face in the white cars.

Six months has passed since Y/N did her audition and now she was a signed recording artist assigned to Full Stop Management which just so happened to be the same management as her ex-best friend, not that it mattered or anything.

It was a crazy collection of events. She was called the day after by Jeffrey Azoff and ended up getting a deal with Columbia records. She knew using her most personal song may have given her some kind of upper hand or something but a month later it was released as a single for the world to hear and now she was classed as an over night sensation.

The feedback on the song was amazing and she'd never been more in love with songwriting than she had been right now. She was constantly writing and creating and finding herself in the studio at every given moment.

Of course, one of the many benefits of her success was the wealth she had gained since. Unlike before, she was now living in an apartment, no longer in debt and littered with cardboard boxes. She had a pet cat called Sailor and spent the majority of days snuggled up on the couch and writing in her journal.

Currently, she was sat at the piano, playing the chords to a song she had just written. Her new album had come quite easy but Y/N was very specific about the songs she wanted and the story she wanted to tell. To anyone, driver's license was much about the person she adored in the past and a lot of people knew that, and she wanted to continue the message of her past endeavours throughout the entire album.

"I think of the night in the park,
It was getting dark
And we stayed up for hours
What a time
What a time
What a time,"

She sang as she played the piano. Her distant memories appearing vividly as she closed her eyes and sung the lyrics to another personal song.

It was becoming a problem.

Every song she wrote just seemed to come back to him. The boy who she loved at a young age and promised forever, the boy she couldn't seem to forget but had clearly forgotten her.  Y/N didn't know whether or not he did it on purpose. She'd changed but she didn't think she'd changed to the point where she was unrecognisable.

She spent the rest of the night stuck in her own mind as she contemplated whether or not their relationship ever meant anything to him. Now that she was assigned to the same management as him,  there wasn't a place she could go where his name wasn't mentioned or his face wasn't hanging up somewhere on a wall. She hated it. Yet she couldn't seem to get the thought of him out of her head.

After noting down a few chords, she shut her journal and stood from the piano stool. She dialled the number of her manager and spoke, "Jeffrey, I think I've got the last song."

Two months had passed and Y/N was finally ready to release her final album. The album was called: 'Empty promises' and each song was a different story, a different moment from the past, featuring the two main characters that only herself would know.

Tonight was the night of her album release party. Invites were sent to A-List celebrities, some she had met and some she dreamt of meeting just a few months ago.

She was standing in front of the mirror and looking at her appearance. She almost wanted to laugh at how much she had changed within these past eight months of gaining fame she only dreamt of. She wore a red dress which hugged her curves and her hair was down in loose curls. She wasn't a fan of makeup so didn't apply too much, maybe a bit of tinted lip balm and mascara but that was about it really.

"Hey the cars here to take us to the venue." Hannah peered in through the door.

"Okay, give me a few seconds." She smiled, grabbing her phone and checking to see if she received any text messages.