sleepy time.

Synopsis: Y/N and Harry's night routine.

Harry arrives home after a long day at work. He works five days a week running his huge business and bossing everybody around and it is tiring. So, as soon as the clock hits six o'clock, he's in a rush to go back to the huge mansion that he shares with his little love, Y/N.

Y/N is normally cooking dinner when Harry gets home. She loves cooking and baking and anything to do with food so Harry made sure when buying the house to get the perfect kitchen for Y/N to use as much as she wanted to.

As much as she loved cooking, sometimes she would get a bit tired from doing her own work. She was an artist and had an Etsy shop where she would sell all her paintings. Recently, she had received quite a few requests which she was extremely happy about but also very stressed. She wanted each painting to be made with care and put all of her efforts into each brushstroke so that the customers would be satisfied with what they received.

Harry told her off many times for over-working herself. He hated having to go to bed by himself because Y/N was still up working and as much as he tried to persuade her to come to bed with neck kisses and cuddles, she refused and was so focused on trying to get everything done.

So, when Harry walked up the steps to their house and opened the door to be hit by the divine smell of Y/N's cooking, his sour mood was instantly forgotten about and he dropped everything by the front door and quickly made his way into the kitchen.

His heart warmed when he saw his girl serving up his favourite meal, homemade steak and leek pie with mash potatoes. Y/N hadn't realised Harry had returned so was shocked when she felt his arms slither around her waist. She hummed and leaned into his chest, "Missed you." He mumbled into her neck and she closed her eyes, a smile on her face, happy to be in the arms of her favourite person. "Didn't think you'd be cooking baby."

"Well, I decided to have a rest day, my wrist started to ache a 'lil when I started to paint on the big canvas." She pouted and Harry picked up her wrist to press kisses all over it, making her giggle.

After their little reunion after a very long day, Y/N serves up the delicious meal and Harry's stuffing his face with mash potato and pie. They sit at the kitchen island because the dining table was too big for the two of them, and discussed their days. Harry ranted to Y/N about an intern that messed up Harry's meeting schedules which ended up with him missing a very important meeting. Y/N use to work as an intern at Harry's company so had to tell him to give the intern a break because it's scary working for him.

After dinner, Harry helps Y/N to wash up the dishes. He turns on the record player and plays Y/N's favourite album by Fleetwood Mac. He grabs a towel and dries the dishes after Y/N rinses them. "Haz, stop." Y/N giggles as he grabs her hips and sways to the music.

"What baby? Don't you like this song?" He kissed her cheek and then trailed his lips down her neck. She blushed and listened to the song that was playing, it was the song they had their first dance to at the company's annual Christmas party.

"You know I love this song." She smiles and turns in Harry's arms as they sway to the music.

Later on, Harry and Y/N are sat in front of the TV. It was a time where they could relax together but also do their own thing. Sometimes Harry would answer emails whilst Y/N watched her favourite show or Y/N would draw in her sketchbook or read a book whilst Harry watched a film he really wanted to watch.

But today, Harry and Y/N were both watching Casablanca, one of Y/N's favourite movies. Harry was sprawled out on the couch and Y/N was laying on top of him with her head in his neck. She was trying really hard not to fall asleep but Harry's hand running up and down her back made it really difficult.

Harry felt Y/N's warm breath on his neck and he knew she was getting sleepy. As much as he didn't want to, he needed to get her ready for bed otherwise she'd get uncomfortable during the night. "C'mon sleepy kitty, wanna take a bath?" He asked her.

She whimpered and hid her face in Harry's chest. He gently patted her butt and started to sit up but she didn't plan on moving, she just curled up into his lap. "Baby," He sighed, "You won't sleep good if we don't get ready for bed." He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

She kept her eyes closed for a few more seconds before opening them again and pouting up at Harry, "Carry me?" She pleads and he shakes his head, a small laugh escaping his lips.

"I didn't know I was in love with such a lazy girl." He says but carries her up to their bedroom anyway. He puts her onto their king sized bed before walking to their ensuite and turning on the bath. He puts a pink bath bomb into the bath and makes sure to add lots of bubbles and then walks out to see his girl half asleep watching videos on his phone. "I've run us a bath baby." He lies on top of her but keeps himself up so he doesn't crush her.

Y/N laughs at the funny cat videos she has upon Harry's phone and then looks into her boyfriend's beautiful eyes. "Okay." She tiredly gets up and they both walk into the bathroom together.

Soon, they're both in the bathtub, Y/N sat between Harry's legs with her back against his chest. "This is my favourite part of the day." Y/N hums when Harry runs his fingers through her hair.

"What? Getting pampered by me?" Harry jokes, causing her to laugh.

"Just relaxing with you." She tells him and turns around to press a kiss to his lips. "I wish we could stay in this bath forever." She says, relaxing back into him and closing her eyes.

"Think we'd get a bit cold though silly." He presses a kiss to her shoulder but knows exactly what she means. Y/N and Harry only really get to see each other in the evenings on the weekdays because they're both so busy, so any alone time they can get is the time they cherish the most.

When the bathwater starts to get cold, they both get out and get dressed in their pyjamas. Y/N wears her soft, silky pyjamas and her fuzzy socks and Harry wears his boxers because he hates wearing too many clothes in bed. Y/N walks back into the bathroom and Harry follows after so they can brush their teeth together. Harry always pulls faces in the mirror which makes Y/N laugh and nearly choke on her toothpaste.

After brushing their teeth, Y/N does her usual skincare routine. Sometimes, when Harry's really needy, he helps her and rubs the creams into her face for her saying 'got such a shiny face baby, all squeaky clean and smooth, jus' wanna kiss your pretty face.'

Finally, they get into their bed together. What they do varies depending on their moods, at times they'll watch movies or more often than not, they'll love on each other and worship each other's bodies but mostly, they just love to cuddle and kiss, basking in each others presence.

Harry wraps Y/N in his arms, making sure to hold her tight the way she likes because she doesn't like moving out of his arms during the night. They exchange 'I love you's' and whisper sweet nothings into each others ears. Their legs are intertwined beneath the covers and Y/N's arms are wrapped around Harry's torso as he clings onto her equally as much. Harry presses kissed onto Y/N's head and Y/N kisses Harry's neck.

Sleepytime was their time and it was a time they wouldn't trade for the world.

Really short but I haven't written in a while because of the Christmas break and school has started again. I already have so much work and it's only been a week. Sorry for the really slow updates, I promise I'll try to get some more up.

i have a few ideas for what I want to write next but I'd really appreciate any requests, feel free to message me or just comment some he