Seizure

Exhausted

ex·haust·ed
adjective

Definition:
Drained of one's physical or mental resources; very tired.

Synonyms:
drained; spent; tired; weary

None of these described accurately how tired Barry actually was. 

Barry was far beyond exhausted. Far far beyond.

There was no word for how tired Barry was. 

But regardless, Barry dragged himself out of the bed he never actually slept in everyday. He hauled himself to work. He trudged through his work. He sauntered back home. He repeated the tedious cycle.

People noticed how dull Barry had become too.

Caitlin was doing everything in her power to get the speedster to sleep. She even resorted to trying to formulate a sedative that would work on him. She was just about ready to wack him over the head with a pole and knock him unconscious if she needed to. 

Cisco just tried to get his friend relaxed. Happy. He would sit them down on the comfiest couch and play any and all movies, hoping Barry would crash during one. He never did, just stared at the screen, occasionally letting a small smile grace his lips. 

"It's only getting worse," Caitlin said to Cisco, "He's going to crash eventually. And at this rate, probably sooner rather than later."

"When you say crash..." Cisco said, "... you don't mean crash on the couch, do you."

Caitlin shook her head sadly and nibbled her lower lip. "If he keeps this up... I just hope he learns from it."

***** LINE BREAK *****

Barry walked up to the house where the crime scene was at. He sighed heavily and walked in. He noticed a little boy, about nine or ten, crying into his hands. No one was comforting him. 

Barry frowned and walked into the living room. 

He froze.

On the floor lay a woman with short blonde hair. She was dead. Stabbed to death. Stabbed in the heart.

Suddenly, Barry wasn't at the crime scene anymore.

He was back at his old house, watching as the lightning swarmed his mother. He stood frozen as Thawne stabbed his mother. He watched helplessly as she bled to death.

Barry started shaking. 

He didn't want to relive this again. He already saw it so much. Too much. 

Too much. Too much.

Joe watched with wide eyes as his son's eyes widened. Barry stood frozen for a moment, then his eyes rolled back in his head and he collapsed on the ground, shaking violently.

"Barry!" Joe yelled, racing and turning Barry to his side. He pulled out his phone and handed it to the Captain, who was standing right behind him. "Call Snow." 

Singh frowned, but didn't question him as he pressed the doctor's number.

"Hello?"

"Dr. Snow, this is Captain Singh, Chief of police, Allen is having a seizure. Joe told me to call you."

"Oh god- Cisco!" she yelled some things and Singh heard an engine start. "I'm on my way. How long has he been seizing?"

He glanced at Joe who said, "1 minute."

"1 minute," Singh relayed.

"Alright, keep me on the line. Let me know when he stops."

One and a half tense minutes later, Barry finally stopped seizing. Two minutes after that, the STAR labs van pulled up and Caitlin rushed over. Cisco and Joe helped get him into the van.

Cisco looked at Caitlin, "Looks like he finally crashed."

Caitlin just nodded stiffly.

Singh looked at them, perplexed, "You were expecting this?"

Caitlin sighed and nodded, hopping into the back with Barry, "Yes. I really had hoped he would just rest, but that never happened, clearly. I'm sorry sir, we need to go. Joe will update you on his condition."

"Thank you." Singh said.

***** LINE BREAK *****

Beep

Beep

Beep

Barry groaned and peeled his eyes open. His sight saw the very familiar roof of the med bay. 

"Damn you Barry Allen," Caitlin's voice said.

"Hm?" Barry said.

"You heard me," she said, folding her arms, "Damn you. We all told you to rest. But you didn't listen, and you had a damn seizure! Correction, you had three damn seizures."

Barry's eyes widened.

"Yeah. The one at the crime scene, one in the van, and one when we got back here. Each one worse than the last."

Barry grimaced.

Caitlin sighed, "Just... promise me you'll start taking better care of yourself."

Barry nodded, "Yes ma'am."

"Shut up and go to sleep."

Barry yawned at shut his eyes.

"Yes ma'am."

**********

A/N- I'll post the last two chapters tomorrow! Well... later today!

Happy Halloween!!! 

Hope y'all have a fantastic Halloween! :D I'll probably say this again later. Oh well.

Love y'all! :)