Self-Sacrifice

Sacrifice. 

That's what we do for people we love. 

We protect the ones we love no matter the cost.

Even if it costs us our life.

In the end, it's worth it.

Because we kept the ones we love safe.

***** LINE BREAK *****

"Stop!" I shouted. "Please! Just stop. Take me instead. Kill me instead. Just don't hurt them anymore."

"No Barry!" Caitlin said, her cry being cut off abruptly with a hit to her gut.

"Barry you can't!" Cisco said, bracing for the hit coming his way.

"And what good would killing you be?" Our tormentor asked.

He was about to strike Cisco, when I summoned all the energy I could and sped over, catching his hand.

"Because I'm the Flash." I said, breathlessly.

The man's eyes widened, and a sick grin spread across his face. 

"Well then," He said, yanking his hand away, "That certainly changes things. Boys! Get these two out of here."

The man's goons hauled Cisco and Caitlin away. His friends were thrashing in their grip, trying to get away.

"No Barry! Don't!" Caitlin cried.

"Let go of me." Cisco said, "Barry!"

I looked at them sadly, "I love you guys."

And the doors slammed shut, effectively cutting off their please.

"Now," the man said, "Where to begin, Flash."

***** LINE BREAK *****

"Caitlin! Cisco!" Joe yelled, racing towards the scientists that just entered the cortex. He looked around for his son, but didn't see him. His eyes grew, "Where's Barry?"

Caitlin started sobbing. 

Joe's eyes widened, "Where's Barry?"

Cisco scrubbed his eyes, "Barry- he- he told them he was the Flash so- so that they'd let us go."

"Who- who knows what they're doing to him," Caitlin hiccuped, "He- he could already be dead."

She broke into a fresh round of sobs.

Joe looked on the verge of tears, "But you're out. You can find him. We can't give up on him."

Caitlin nodded firmly and dried her eyes. Cisco ran to the computer and started typing frantically.

"Barry used his speed to stop that punch." He said, "I can trace that signature and figure out where he his... or was."

A few clicks and beeps later, Cisco jumped up, "Found him!"

Joe grabbed his coat, "Let's go."

***** LINE BREAK *****

The warehouse the trio arrived at was very dark and looked abandoned. All of them were scared of what they might find. Cisco didn't even crack a joke about villains always using abandoned warehouses.

"Barry?" Joe whispered, leading the way into the dark warehouse. 

"Barry?" Caitlin called.

"Barry man, where are you?" Cisco said.

"Come on Barry. Come on." Joe muttered.

Suddenly, Caitlin let out a shriek of horror. 

The boys whipped around to see Caitlin racing into a room. A room that had Barry lying on the floor, broken and bloody.

Caitlin shook the unconscious speedster, "Barry!" She checked his wrist, "No no no no no. Barry!"

Cisco and Joe fell next to Caitlin. 

Joe grabbed his son's slack face in his hands, "Barry, son, wake up. Please."

"Come on man," Cisco cried, gripping his friend's hand like a life line, "don't leave me man. Please don't go."

Caitlin was sobbing and clutching Barry's chest. His chest that was unmoving. 

"Please come back Barry," she cried, "Please I can't lose you to."

"Please."

***** LINE BREAK *****

Sacrifice.

That's what I did for people I loved most.

I will always protect the ones I love no matter the what the cost.

Because I will keep the ones I love safe.

I got to watch Cisco and Caitlin find love with people. I got to see Iris grow old and have a wonderful husband and children. I saw Joe get to be the grandfather he always wanted to be. 

It may have cost me my life.

But in the end, it was worth it.

**********

A/N- So, as I'm sure you all noticed, I did not get any chapters posted yesterday.

Sorry about that.

I'm doing my best to get back on track, hopefully by the end of today or maybe tomorrow I'll be all caught up. 

Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed this one.

Happy almost Halloween! I'll post some Halloween specials in my other one shot books, so keep a lookout!

Love y'all! :)