Concussion

Pre lightning

**********

Barry POV

It was a gorgeous autumn day, and I was walking to work. I had a strange feeling though, like someone was following me. I looked behind me just in time to get punched in the face. 

"What the hell?" I cried, cupping my cheek.

I looked up at the man who punched me, and tried to place where I'd seen him before. 

"Been a long time Allen," he said.

Then it clicked. "Tony," I growled. 

His cruel smile confirmed it. The man standing over me was my childhood bully. Well... maybe just my bully, since he's still beating me up even after school. 

I went to stand back up, but Tony beat me to it and hauled me to my feet. He shoved me into an alley then he threw me against the stone wall beside us. 

I felt my head slam into the wall with a resounding crack. And then I hit the corner of the dumpster as I fell towards the ground. Pain bloomed in my head and my vision swam in and out. 

When I looked back up, Tony was gone. 

I almost thought I imagined it. 

Oh my head.

I struggled to think of what I was doing in an alley. 

I was headed to work. Work! I'm late! Singh's gonna kill me. I jumped to my feet and immediately regretted it.

I became really dizzy and nearly collapsed again. I was suddenly nauseous and everything passed by in a blur as I walked the last block to the precinct.

It was really bright inside and I squinted. 

"Allen!" The Captain yelled. I winced at the sudden loud noise. 

Honestly my head hurt so bad. I wasn't even sure why. I had just been walking to work. Right?

I was so confused, but I still made my way over to Singh.

"Um... hey Captain. Did you need something?" I asked slowly. 

Singh frowned, though I wasn't sure why. He's probably just mad that I'm late.

"-llen." 

I looked up at the Captain. What was he saying? "What?"

"Are you alright?" he asked me.

Am I alright? Uh... "Yeah."

I was doing something. Going somewhere. I saw the Captain, "Did you need something sir?"

Singh frowned harder and shook his head. I nodded, winced a bit at the motion, and made my way up to my lab.

Ugh. My head hurt so much, and my ears were ringing. I just wanted to sleep. 

I heard a soft knock at my door and turned around to see the Captain. What was he doing up here?

"Did you need something Captain?" I asked.

Singh stared at me hard. He pulled out a pen that had a small light and he shined it in my eyes.

"Hey," I said, shielding my eyes from the harsh light.

"When did you get a concussion?" He asked me.

I have a concussion? That's probably why my head hurts so much. 

"Allen," Singh said, "When did you get a concussion."

"Dunno," I said, "maybe earlier? I was in an alley for some reason."

Singh POV

I glanced at my watch and sighed. Allen was late. Again. Honestly, I would probably throw a party the day that kid came on time.

Fifteen minutes later, Allen finally graced the precinct with his presence. 

"Allen!" I called. 

I could've sworn he winced. And he looked a bit confused too.

"Um... hey Captain. Did you need something?" he asked slowly.

I frowned, he certainly seemed out of it.

"Allen." I said "Allen. Allen."

He looked up at me, clearly confused, "What?"

"Are you alright?" I asked.

He took a minute to respond.

"Yeah."

"Did you need something sir?" Allen asked.

I frowned harder and shook my head. He already asked that. 

Allen nodded and winced. I was pretty sure he had a concussion. And a nasty one too. How did he even get a concussion. I walked out to get Joe and cursed quietly when I was told he was out on a call.

I made my way up to Allen's lab and knocked softly.

Allen turned around, "Did you need something Captain?" 

Pretty sure he already asked that. 

I stared at him hard and pulled out a pen light that I always carried around.

"Hey," he said, shielding his eyes from the harsh light.

Yeah. He had a concussion.

"When did you get a concussion?" I asked.

Barry looked confused and dazed. 

"Allen," I repeated, "When did you get a concussion."

"Dunno," he said, somewhat slurred, "maybe earlier? I was in an alley for some reason."

Great. Just great. 

I let out a sigh. "You need to get home and rest. I'll have you wait downstairs for Joe to get back."

Allen hummed in response.

I helped him to his feet and down the stairs. I told a passing officer to bring me some ice and pain meds. 

"'S too loud." Allen grumbled.

"Alright. My office then." I said.

Soon enough, Allen was curled up in a chair, sleeping. I looked at him and wondered who gave him the concussion. I swear that when I find them, they'll be in a hell of a lot of trouble. How dare they hurt my CSI. I let out a short laugh.

When did I become so protective over Barry Allen? 

**********

A/N- So there's that chapter. I liked this one. I'm going to also post it in my 'What Happens at the CCPD' book. Cause why not. 

Tomorrow is Harsh Climate. 

Love y'all! :)