Torture

They came for the Flash. 

They made that very clear.

But they  got Barry Allen instead.

Well... technically they're the same person, but they didn't know that. And Barry hoped they wouldn't find out, otherwise he was in a whole lot of trouble. 

Barry had been walking out of STAR labs when he was suddenly knocked out. It was later revealed that they were trying to get the Flash, but since he was more difficult to catch, they'd just lure him in with a friend. 

They were so loose lipped, that Barry knew exactly what their plans were. Hence why he didn't want them to find out he was the Flash. 

But... that didn't mean they didn't try to get the Flash's identity out of him. 

The man, a broad shouldered brunette, punched Barry again.

Barry coughed and spit out some blood.

"The Flash." He said, "You gonna tell us who he is now?"

"Not a chance in hell." Barry spat.

The man punched him again. He shook his head and walked towards the door. Another man walked in at the same time he was leaving. He had spiky red hair and a slimmer figure. The brunette grabbed him by the arm.

"Get him to talk," he muttered.

The red head smirked and stalked towards Barry. He knelt down so he was looking at Barry in the eye.

"You're gonna wish you had just told them." He said.

Barry licked his lips and wanted nothing more than to speed out of there. But if he did that, they would all know his identity. Then he'd really be screwed.

The red head pulled out a bag full of tools, and Barry paled. 

As he was laying out his tools, the red head started talking, "So, my name is Alvar. I want you to remember that if you ever make it out of here. I'm going to hurt you. I'm going to make you wish you were dead. But, when you eventually decide to reveal who the Flash is, I'll stop."

"Bold of you to assume I'm going to give away his identity." Barry said.

Alvar turned to him with an eerie smile, "They always give me what I want."

****** LINE BREAK *****

Barry tried so hard. He tried not to scream, but it hurt so much.

To begin, Alvar had drug a blade along his skin. He soon switched to serrated knives, which hurt so much more. Barry knew he would have scars. Alvar put on sharp rings and punched Barry repeatedly. Then, he would take a break and switch to a different form of torture.

He placed headphones on Barry and played high frequencies. And he messed around with it until he thought he found the most painful one for Barry to listen too. After that, he made Barry strip to his boxers and sat him in a freezer. 

Then he went back to more physical things. He whipped Barry a few times. Then Alvar would dunk his head under ice cold water until Barry couldn't breathe.

This cycle went on for a long time. 

Barry wasn't sure how long he'd been there, but he hoped someone found him soon. He needed someone to find him. To save him.

Alvar yanked Barry's head up, and he gasped for air. He was shivering and bleeding. Barry couldn't heal. With so many things happening so fast, Barry didn't have the energy to heal. 

Alvar never asked if Barry was ready to talk. He simply repeated the cycle over and over. He only stopped to take luxurious drinks of water and have a snack of cheese and crackers in front of Barry. 

"I'll give you some credit," Alvar said, speaking for the first time in a while, "You've lasted longer than anyone else."

Barry didn't have the energy to talk, so he glared at him instead. 

Alvar picked up a serrated knife and stalked towards Barry, "And since you're so... unique-" he dragged the blade across Barry's leg, "-I'll give you the opportunity right now, to tell me who your Flash friend is."

Barry mustered up some strength and spat his bloody saliva onto Alvar's face. 

Alvar growled and pulled out a gun. Barry didn't think Alvar would kill him, which made him so much more frightened. In the blink of an eye, Alvar shot Barry in the leg, shattering his bone.

Barry screamed in pain.

Alvar got a satisfied smile and proceeded to grab a sledge hammer. He pulled back and swung with all his strength, hitting the nail right on the head. Or in this case the bullet. 

Barry blacked out almost instantaneously from the pain.

***** LINE BREAK *****

When Barry came to, all he could feel was pain. So much pain. All he could see was blood. His blood. And all he could hear was fighting.

Wait... 

Barry's clouded brain tried to think of a reason he was hearing fighting, but he came up with nothing. 

Suddenly, the door burst open, and people Barry vaguely recognized flooded in.

"Barry!" someone yelled.

"Oh my god." another person said. "Someone get Dr. Snow!"

"Barry, stay with me bud," the first voice said. "You're gonna be alright."

Barry was too weak to even nod his head. Barry heard a gasp, then he felt someone reach out towards him. He flinched away, remembering the sharp sting of the pointed rings Alvar wore.

But instead of the harsh blows he expected, Barry felt a gentle hand cup his face. Barry leaned into the touch.

"We need to get him out of here." The female voice close to him said, "He's going into hypovolemic shock, he's lost too much blood. And... I don't even want to look at his leg, but that needs immediate attention." 

The voice now addressed him, "Barry, it's Caitlin. Joe is here, but to help you, we have to move you. It's going to hurt, but I promise it'll be okay."

Barry was mostly out of it, but the nice voice was saying that it would be okay. So Barry found himself weakly nodding, giving Caitlin the go ahead.

As soon as he was moved, Barry let out a cry of pain and blacked out.

***** LINE BREAK *****

Beep beep beep

Barry was familiar with this sound. So familiar, it was almost comforting. 

He groaned and peeled his eyes open. He tried to remember why he was in the med bay, but he couldn't.

Upon hearing his groan, Caitlin came rushing in. "Barry," she said, her voice filled with relief.

"What happened?" Barry asked groggily.

"You don't remember?" Caitlin asked. Barry shook his head. "Well, you got kidnapped, and by the time we found you you were pretty beat up. We've all been worried."

"How long was I out?"

Caitlin looked down slightly, "A month."

Barry's eyes widened, "What?"

"Your body had so much healing to do. We also think you just didn't want to wake up yet. You had... so many injuries. I couldn't even tell you what the worst one was."

Barry nodded wordlessly.

Caitlin smiled lightly, "But you are recovering and you are safe. That's all that matters. Rest up Barry."

"Okay."

**********

A/N- I know. I know. Another late chapter. I'll get the next one posted later, I've just been swamped. I'm also really tired. So that's part of the reason my stories may not be so great.

Love y'all! I'll try and stay on top of this! :)