"I can't walk."

Pre lightning

**********

I ran towards the precinct, cursing my failure of an alarm clock. I was late. Again. All I could think was please please please please please don't fire me.

I made it inside and, surprisingly, up to my lab without getting stopped by anyone. 

Maybe luck was on my side today.

About ten minutes later, a knock at my door made me turn around to see Joe.

"Grab your stuff, we've got a crime scene to get to." He said.

I rushed to grab my stuff, and stumbled out after Joe. We drove a ways away to an abandoned farm house (No, not the Mardon brother one) that was surrounded by police cruisers and police tape.

"Go do your thing Bar," Joe said, nudging me out of the car. 

I studied the body and looked up at Joe, Chyre, and the Captain. "So, he was killed by blunt force trauma to the head. It looks like he was hit really hard with a pipe, about 3 inches wide, and made of..." I grabbed something off the ground and inspected it, "... cast iron. Cast iron pipes are typically used as a pressure pipe, usually for drainage."

They nodded and jotted down some notes. Singh started giving out orders.

Joe gave me a smile and patted me on the back, "Well done son. Just hang out for a while and I'll take you back to the station."

I nodded and Joe left. I wandered around a bit, not straying too far from everyone, but still keeping my distance. 

I heard a loud clang come from somewhere to my right, away from everyone, and I whipped around to see a shed. The door was swaying.

I frowned and slowly made my way over. I peered inside, looking down the dark stone staircase. 

There wasn't anyone or anything noticeable, and I certainly wasn't equipped to handle anything, so I was going to turn around and go back. Maybe tell Joe that there might be something over here. 

Key word: I was.

Right as I turned around, I was roughly shoved backwards and I was sent tumbling down the stairs. I let out a cry as I hit the first step and the door clanged shut above me, encasing me in the dark.

I rolled down the stone steps, and I cried out in pain as I felt my leg catch on something sharp, ripping through my left leg. 

I landed in a painful heap at the base of the stairs.

My head hurt from banging repeatedly against the stone and my right arm was killing me. But even worse was my leg. 

My left leg burned like hell and I could feel blood oozing out of it. No, rushing out of it. It was bleeding heavily and that was worrisome. It also was long. I could feel where it started, just below my knee, and where it ended, about five inches above my ankle.

I was all alone in this dark shed, bleeding out, and probably no one knew I was even missing yet.

"Help!" I yelled as loud as I could, "Help! Someone help me!"

Oh how my head throbbed. 

"Help!"

"Please."

***** LINE BREAK *****

Joe rubbed his hands together and clapped Chyre on the back. "Alright partner, I'm going to take Barry back to the precinct."

"Alright," Chyre said. He looked back at Barry, and frowned when he didn't see him there. "Joe, where's Barry?"