Poisoned

Barry shook his head as he sat down at his desk. 

He wasn't sure what was wrong. He knew he had eaten enough. And he'd actually gotten a pretty good night's sleep. So he couldn't figure out why he was light headed. 

It surely wasn't blood loss. Yes, Barry had gotten shot yesterday, but it was hardly a graze, and it was already healed. 

Barry shrugged it off for now and got to work. 

Through out the day, Barry started to feel worse and worse.

Maybe he was sick? He didn't think he could really get sick now, but maybe he could. He should probably have Caitlin check him out.

Barry stood up and was hit by a wave of dizziness. Barry clutched the desk to steady himself. He tried to walk a couple steps, but ended up collapsing on the floor. 

Everything was feeling a horrible combination of numb and like his nerves were on fire.

Barry wanted to cry out, but his throat hurt like hell.

What's happening to me? He thought.

He faintly heard footsteps coming, but the pain became too much and he blacked out. 

***** THIS IS A LINE BREAK. HER NAME IS JILL. ***** 

Captain Singh was headed up to Allen's lab to give him a couple files. The kid did good work. And he was the little brother of the precinct, everyone loved him. And both these things were so great, that they mostly balanced out his chronic tardiness.

Singh smiled a little and turned into the lab. 

He stopped short when he saw that Barry was on the ground... unconscious.

"Allen!" Singh shouted, quickly keeling beside him and checking for a pulse.

It was there, but it was erratic. And Barry was broiling, Singh was fairly certain he could fry an egg on him. 

Singh ran to the top of the stairs, "Joe! Get up here! It's Allen!"

Joe was up the stairs at a speed that Barry would be impressed with. 

"What hapened?" Joe asked, keeling beside Barry, already pulling his phone out.

"I don't know, I found him like this," Singh said.

The person on the other end of the phone picked up.

"Joe?"

"Caitlin!" Joe said, "We need you to get the med bay ready, Barry's unconscious and feverish."

"Do you know what happened? Or when?" 

Joe could hear moving in the background and a faint, "Cisco get to the precinct and get Barry here."

"No, we don't know." Joe said.

Suddenly, a blue portal opened up and Cisco jumped out, "Well what are you waiting for?" Cisco asked, "An invatation? Let's go!"

Singh was confused, and looked at Joe.

"We'll explain later, David," Joe said, "For now, please cover for us."

Singh nodded sharply, "I want updates."

Joe nodded and jumped through the portal.

Caitlin was on the other side, ready to work. Joe laid Barry on the bed and stepped back so the scientists could work. Caitlin drew some blood, and Cisco put a wet rag on Barry's forehead and ice packs under his arm pits. 

Caitlin analyzed the blood sample and cursed. "How did this get in his system? The bullet wound! Damn it. Damn it damn it damn it."

"What?" Joe and Cisco asked.

"There's a poison in his blood. I assume it got there from his bullet graze yesterday." Caitlin said. She started writing things down on a peice of paper "There is an antidote, but I need some ingredients." she handed the paper to Cisco, "Go."

And Cisco was gone.

"Will he be alright?" Joe asked worriedly.

"If he were normal he'd be dead."

"That's not really comforting."

Caitlin shook her head, "His enhanced metabolism has been fighting it off, but if it's in his system too much longer, he'll be in big trouble. I have about an hour to get the antidote made and in him before there are permanent affects."

Joe's eyes widened, "Such as..."

"Parylasis mostly." Caitlin said, not hiding her worry.

Cisco reappeared and Caitlin grabbed the bag he was holding. She whipped out the antidote in twenty minutes and got it in Barry.

Joe shot the Captain a text, Barry will be okay. Details later.

Joe's phone dinged.

Good. And please tell Allen that he needs to tell someone when he doesn't feel right. Or I'll start forcing him to take days off, since that seems like the only way to punish him. 

Joe chuckled and looked at Barry. You've got that right.

**********

A/N- Cool. I'm caught up now. Tomorrows chapter is "betrayed". 

Enjoy! :)