Fever

Pre-lightning, since y'all seem to love those so much. Barry is 15.

**********

Barry POV

My alarm blared, and I let out a miserable groan.

It was too early. Then again it's always too early. But this time I felt like crap.

I dragged myself out of bed and to the bathroom. I glanced at the mirror and my eyes widened fractionally. Apparently I looked like crap too. I actually looked more like death.

Shoot, I'm sick.

I really didn't want to go to school, but I wasn't gonna stay home. Iris had a study night with a friend last night and just stayed there, and Joe was already at work, so no one could vouch for me and say that I wasn't skipping. And if I felt better by the time Joe got home, it would look really bad.

So I reluctantly and slowly got ready for school. I was definitely going to be late.

I arrived at school only six minutes late, thankfully. But, unfortunately for me, my first hour teacher was really mean and didn't like me. So I got detention. Iris and I didn't even have any classes together until after lunch, so I would just have to suck it up the first half of the day.

I felt progressively worse as the day wore on.

My head was throbbing and my throat was extremely scratchy. And the school must've had the ac on because I was freezing.

I was headed to lunch, though currently the thought of food made me feel queasy, when I was stopped by Tony Woodward.

Fantastic.

"Hey! Allen!" He yelled.

I groaned. And clearly the sickness was messing with my brain, because I tried to tell him off, "Back off Tony."

"Or what?" Tony taunted, "you gonna murder me too?"

It was the same old taunt, but I was just not in the mood. So I walked away.

"Hey! Listen to me when I'm talking to you!"

"But I like having more than one brain cell," I protested.

I probably would've gotten beaten to a pulp, but Iris popped up at that moment.

"Nice comeback Bar. Let's get lunch." Iris said, dragging me away.

I didn't grab anything as we walked through the lunch line, and Iris looked at me concerned.

"You feeling ok?" She asked me.

I just nodded, knowing that if I spoke it would hurt.

I made it through lunch, with Iris casting me nervous glances frequently. We started walking towards our next class, when the pain in my head pulsed and black spots danced in my vision. I stumbled and Iris quickly reached out and caught me.

"Barry!" Iris cried.

The bell rang, and it was way too loud. I let out a soft whimper when the obnoxious ringing pierced my ears. Everything hurt so bad.

I faintly felt something brush against my forehead.

"My God Barry," Iris said, "you're burning up."

I screwed my eyes shut. I wanted to tell her I was fine, but I wasn't. Not by a long shot.

Apparently we had been walking, cause when I opened my eyes again, we were in the nurses office.

Not that it would do much good. The nurse never believed anyone was actually sick. And she didn't like me because of all the times I landed in her office last year.

I heard voices talking, well arguing, they sounded far away.

I felt a hand on my back.

"I'm gonna call dad," Iris whispered. I nodded and she left.

"Alright Allen," the nurse said, softer than normal, waving a thermometer, "Open up."

I must really be sick of the nurse is being nice. I opened my mouth and she put the thermometer in.

The nurse cursed softly, "How'd you manage that Allen?" She asked.

"What's-" I croaked.

"Don't talk," she ordered, "your temperature is 103.6."

Oh that's not good.

Even in my fevered state I remembered that that was pretty bad.

At some point, Joe walked in.

He knelt on front of me, "Hey kid." Joe whispered, "think you can stand?"

I shrugged and attempted to stand. I promptly collapsed back on the bed. Joe easily scooped me up. I was too tired to be embarrassed. And I was thankful that I was small enough that carrying me wasn't a challenge.

***** LINE BREAK ******

I woke up to soft light seeping through my bedroom window. I groaned and ran my hand across my face.

Joe walked into my room, "Oh good, you're up. How you feeling kid?"

"Better." I mumbled.

Joe nodded, "Next time, Barry, just stay home when you feel sick."

I mock saluted him, "Yes sir."

Joe nodded, "Now let's get you downstairs. Iris made chicken noodle soup."

I blanched, "Actually... I would like to rest some more."

Joe laughed, "I'm just messing with you Bar. I made it."

"Oh thank god."

**********

A/N- here we go amigo! Hope y'all liked it. Tomorrow is stranded.

Love y'all! :)