The Eye of Pincosta, Part 4/6

Start from the beginning

     "That was a close one," Rapunzel says with a relieved sigh. Varian extends his hand to her, and she reaches up to accept his help, when Stalyan loses her grip and begins to fall. She grasps onto a limb protruding out of the rock to break her fall, but Varian and Rapunzel both know that the limb won't hold her weight for long.

     Acting quickly, Rapunzel wraps her hair around the tree above her and repels down towards Stalyan. The limb breaks, just as Rapunzel grabs Stalyan's hand. "Gotcha," the princess says with a relieved smile. Stalyan looks both terrified and impressed as Rapunzel pulls her closer and lowers them safely to the ground. The princess picks up the canteen that Stalyan dropped earlier, and hands it to her. "This is yours."

     For once, Stalyan is speechless.

     "Uh, hello!" Varian shouts from above. "A little help here, please?"

     Rapunzel chuckles, and swings her hair up to him. He slides down it like a zipline, landing safely in front of the girls. Rapunzel gives him a quick hug, and ties her hair back up in a braid.

     "Goodberry's tents," Stalyan observes, pointing ahead of them to a colorful setup of red and blue tents nearby. A sign above them reads, 'BIG FIGHT TONIGHT.' "I-I can't believe it."

     "Believe it," Varian says with a smirk. "Rapunzel is amazing at working around problems."

     "Did you hear that, Pascal?" Rapunzel chuckles. "He thinks I'm amazing."

     "Wait a minute, I meant—" Varian begins to say

     "Wait a minute, I meant—" Varian begins to say. But Rapunzel grabs him by the arm and drags him along towards the tents.

     "What are we waiting for?" She says eagerly. "Come on!"

     Stalyan follows after them, still in shock.

     As they approach the largest tent, they come across two large guards sitting outside the entrance. "Closed. Unless you got tickets," one of the guards says.

     "Or a bribe," the other guard says, extending his hand expectantly.

     "Oh, good evening to you sir," Rapunzel says to the second guard cheerily, shaking his extended hand. "We just need to talk to Mr. Goodberry." She attempts to walk past them, but they stop her and shove her back.

     "No tickets, no bribe, no deal," the second guard says to her.

     Varian glares at them angrily, ready to pull out some alchemy on them. But before he can do anything, Stalyan begins to speak:

     "We need to talk to Mr. Goodberry," she says. "You're in our way. So get out of it!"

     Both guards stare at her in surprise, and then angrily draw their swords and stomp towards Stalyan.

     "Whoa, whoa. Guys, guys, guys!" Rapunzel says, standing in front of them with her hands up. "I don't want to have to pull out my frying pan, but I will."