The Brothers Hook, Part 4/4

As the music ends, Hook Foot finally finishes his dance with a dramatic pose, breathing heavily.

     "Okay, that's enough!" Trevor says. "Lucille shall now choose the winner."

     Trevor and Hook Foot stand next to each other on the stage. The seal bride comes up to them, and the guards place two horns on either side of her; one in front of Foot, and the other in front of Trevor. The seal glances between the two of them nervously.

     "You know what to do," Trevor tells her gravely.

     For a moment, it appears as if Lucille will choose Trevor's horn. But at the last second, she turns around and honks Hook Foot's horn. The crowd cheers as King Trevor glowers.

     "That's my little brother!" Hook Hand shouts excitedly.

     "This challenge is not over. Do you hear me?!" Trevor shouts. "IT'S NOT OVER!"

     But no one is paying attention to him. Hook Hand scoops his brother and Rapunzel up into a group hug, as the crowd continues to cheer.

     "You enjoy twirling, do you? Well, get a load of this!" King Trevor climbs to the top of a pillar and attempts to twirl around it. But he ends up falling off, and landing in the fishy wedding cake. "Oh, what utter humiliation..." He mumbles as the crowd laughs. "Smathered in tarter sauce, icing, and mackerel. I don't deserve this!"

     "Actually, you do," Varian laughs. "It looks like you got your just desserts... literally!" He then joins the others in celebrating Hook Foot's success.

     "Nice job kid," Cassandra says to Varian. "You really can play pretty well."

     "Thanks," Varian says, blushing slightly. "I just wish my mom could see me."

     "I'm sure she'd be proud of you," Cassandra adds.

     Varian's heart swells happily. He wishes he remembered his mother more. She died when he was so little... But somehow, deep down, he knows that Cassandra is right.

The next day, the gang gather around Hook Hand's caravan to say goodbye. "It was so great getting to see you again, Hook Hand!" Rapunzel says, embracing him,

     "You too, Princess. Thanks for everything," he replies. He then turns his attention to Varian. "I'm sorry about the way I treated you, kid. You can really play! If you ever decide to make it a career, hit me up."

     "Thanks, but it's just a hobby," Varian tells him. "Alchemy is my passion."